It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Sketch Pad" challenge.
Today's card came together quick, as I knew I'd be using a clever idea shared by one of my DOstamperSTARS, Linda Kaufman (who cased it from Pinterest). She used the flourish image from Falling Flowers to create a 4th of July card. I totally got excited about it and knew I needed to give it try and today's sketch seemed perfect for it! Thanks Linda!
For the sketch, I decided to turn it on it's end. Though - I may have to go back and do another card with this sketch, back in the landscape view, as I think it's a cool sketch.
Falling Flowers 4th of July card:
- Stamp flourish image from Falling Flowers with Dapper Denim ink on 4" x 2-5/8" piece of Whisper White
- Adhere to 3" square of 2016-2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack, then adhere to folded 11" x 4-1/4" piece of Real Red cardstock.
- Punch out 3 Denim Dapper stars with Medium Star punch. Die cut 3 Real Red stars with smallest die from Stars Framelits. Adhere together, then adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp banner (Real Red ink) & greeting (Dapper Denim ink) from Thoughtful Banners, punch with Duet Banner Punch (Bundle & Save!). Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Attach Rhinestone Jewels to stars and enjoy!
I'm sure there are a lot of other stamp sets that have images that could be used in outside-the-box ways. Have you discovered any? Makes me want to look over my stamps from a whole new point of view!
Be sure to check out more "Sketch Pad" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below): we may be small this week, but you'll find some cute and clever cards to be inspired with!
- Miriam Bollinger
- Connie Plaumann
- Robyn Rasset
- Joan Weidling
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here
- Sharon Bennett
Are you ready to Get Started?
Join my team with Stampin' Up!'s fabulous $99 Starter kit and choose TWO FREE Stamp Sets (any value!)
Dates: ends Friday, 6/30/2016 (Just one day left!)
- New Team Members who join during June 2016 choose two stamp sets from the new annual catalog to be included in the Starter Kit for free.
- Any two stamp sets of any value - woohoo!
- Stamp sets only...bundles and kits cannot be selected as free stamp sets
- Starter kit is $99, select $125 in product, PLUS the two free stamp sets!
- Promotion Deadlines: Starter Kit application must be submitted online or by faxed by the times below in order to receive free stamps.
- FAX: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 6:50 PM (MT).
- ONLINE IDA : Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT), sign up here: https://ida.stampinup.com/?demoid=61500
That’s right! Everyone who joins my DOstamperSTARS this month will get two FREE stamp sets in their Starter Kit. That’s an added value of up to $104, depending on which stamps you choose. It’s a pretty big deal!