It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Sketch Pad" challenge.
For today's card I reached for the brand new Floral Boutique Suite collection products from 2016-17 Stampin' Up! Annual catalog. It was one of the many pillow gifts we received during the Stampin' Up! Mediterranean Cruise last week (which was fabulous!). We've only been home for a few days and I'm still "feeling" the boat. Hopefully that will wear off soon. Plus, it's been a challenge to start cooking for ourselves again - ha! But I digress...on to the card.
When you have a sketch, your card can come together pretty quickly. But remember, it's just a jumping off point.
Dawn's Floral Phrases Card
- Adhere 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper to folded 4-1/4" x 11" Whisper White Thick cardstock
- Stamp flower & large greeting images with Night of Navy on 3-1/4" x 4-1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Apply two strips of Floral Boutique Designer Washi Tape.
- Wrap Night of Navy Baker's Twine around stamped panel and tie in a bow.
- Adhere completed panel to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamp small greeting on scrap of white and die cut with Tags & Labels Framelit Die. Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensional.
- Attach Rhinestone Jewels
I'm excited about the new Baker's Twine! Why? Because it comes on a roll and I'm lovin' it...no more bends and kinks. It ties beautifully!
If you look closer at the floral image, you might think that I didn't ink the stamp very well. It's actually supposed to look that way, the image was designed to have some variation of color tones when stamped. In fact, when I showed the finished card to my hubby, he noticed it right away and said, "isn't that the variegated image that Pam Morgan demonstrated on the cruise?" Then looked at me and said..."See, I was paying attention." I have to admit - I was impressed that he was able to point that out.
So, what do you think? Beautiful...right?
If you like this, then you'll probably like the matching Detailed Floral Thinlits Dies too, which you can get in a Bundle and Save with the stamp set.
Be sure to check out more "Sketch Pad" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Michelle Harrington
- Angela O'Neill
- Connie Plaumann
- Sharon Bennett
- Jan Carlson
- Cathy Peck
- Joan Weidling
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here
- Judy Strickling
- Miriam Bollinger