It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Home Sweet Home" challenge.
Ah, butterflies...always a great inspiration! I'm doing a card at my next Stamp-a-Stack class featuring the Work of Art and Basic Butterflies thinlits (June 28th). So I thought, I may as well get my sample ready for that and knock to things off my to do list.
Butterfly Card Details:
- Stamp image from Work of Art on a 4" x 5-1/4" panel of Whisper White.
- Use new In Colors, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum.
- Die cut butterfly (Butterflies Thinlits) from center of stamped images
- Stamp greeting (new Blooms & Wishes) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink
At this point, the stamping should have been done. But...when I stamped the greeting, I must have caught the edge just a little bit and a small black dot was stamped too. Drats! As I was short of time, I decided I needed a way to cover it up (rather than start all over). So I continued stamping, incorporating it into the center of some flowers...clever, huh?
- stamp additional images from Blooms & Wishes stamp set
- daisy = Peekabook Peach
- leaves = Flirty Flamingo
- use Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to add centers to the rest of the flower (ha...now they all look the same!)
- Staple Whisper White Bakers Twine to panel and tie in a bow.
- Adhere stamped panel to 4-1/4" x 11" folded Thick Whisper White cardstock
- Adhere die cut butterfly in the cut out space with Stampin' Dimensionals (just in the center of the butterfly)
- Attach Basic Jewel
Not exactly what I had imagined, but it's definitely bright and cheery, don't you think?
Be sure to check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Connie Plaumann
- Sharon Bennett
- Jan Carlson
- Cathy Peck
- Joan Weidling
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here
- Judy Strickling
- Debbie Sollinger
- Michelle Harrington
- Angela O'Neill