It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week I'm excited to announce a new challenge to our rotation..."Product Spotlight" challenge. Each month one of our challenges will spotlight one of Stampin' Up!'s products. This week it's the new 2016-18 In Colors!
As we're just starting to use the new 2016-2018 In Color Collection, I haven't had much of a chance to figure out which one is my favorite yet, but I think it's between Sweet Sugarplum and Flirty Flamingo. Knowing me, as I play more with each color, that color will become my new favorite...does that happen to you?
For now, it's Sweet Sugarplum! I paired it with Rich Razzleberry and Mint Macaron, for a fun color combination (sounds yummy too!)
I choose a Shadowbox Fun Fold card to make. They are quite easy to make and was our Technique Tuesday feature for our STARS group a couple of weeks ago (a fun activity we do in our private facebook community). Michelle Harrington shared a twist on this fun fold, which I'll share in a future post. For now - here's the basic instructions...
Shadowbox Fun Fold
- Cut 2 pieces of cardstock (4-1/4" x 5-1/2" each), Whisper White & Sweet Sugarplum.
- Score each piece at 1/2" x 1" one side, then repeat on opposite side.
- Before folding, stamp Whisper White piece using Blooms & Wishes stamp set
- Cut window out of center section with Layering Circle Framliets (largest circle measuring 2-7/8")
- Place stamped panel on top of the Sweet Sugarplum piece and with a pencil, mark a couple of points through the window (to help with stamp alignment)
- On Sweet Sugarplum panel...stamp greeting (Time of Year - host set) and flowers (then erase pencil marks)
- Fold on all score lines (fan fold).
- Place tear & tape along the far sides of the base piece and adhere to top piece.
- Push sides inward a little bit to create the shadowbox effect.
- Attach White Perfect Accents to the center of the flowers
Fun, huh? It's been awhile since I've made a shadowbox card and I forgot how fun and easy they are to make! Be sure to give it a try!
Be sure to check out more "Product Spotlight" inspiration from the DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Michelle Harrington
- Dawn Thomas
- Angela O'Neill
- Sharon Bennett
- Jan Carlson
- Miriam Bollinger
- Cathy Peck
- Judy Strickling
- Robyn Rasset
- Joan Weidling
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here
- Connie Plaumann
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)