DOstamperSTARS Challenge #187: Falling Flowers 4th of July!
June 29, 2016
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Sketch Pad" challenge.
Today's card came together quick, as I knew I'd be using a clever idea shared by one of my DOstamperSTARS, Linda Kaufman (who cased it from Pinterest). She used the flourish image from Falling Flowers to create a 4th of July card. I totally got excited about it and knew I needed to give it try and today's sketch seemed perfect for it! Thanks Linda!
For the sketch, I decided to turn it on it's end. Though - I may have to go back and do another card with this sketch, back in the landscape view, as I think it's a cool sketch.
Falling Flowers 4th of July card:
- Stamp flourish image from Falling Flowers with Dapper Denim ink on 4" x 2-5/8" piece of Whisper White
- Adhere to 3" square of 2016-2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack, then adhere to folded 11" x 4-1/4" piece of Real Red cardstock.
- Punch out 3 Denim Dapper stars with Medium Star punch. Die cut 3 Real Red stars with smallest die from Stars Framelits. Adhere together, then adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp banner (Real Red ink) & greeting (Dapper Denim ink) from Thoughtful Banners, punch with Duet Banner Punch (Bundle & Save!). Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Attach Rhinestone Jewels to stars and enjoy!
I'm sure there are a lot of other stamp sets that have images that could be used in outside-the-box ways. Have you discovered any? Makes me want to look over my stamps from a whole new point of view!
Be sure to check out more "Sketch Pad" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below): we may be small this week, but you'll find some cute and clever cards to be inspired with!
- Miriam Bollinger
- Connie Plaumann
- Robyn Rasset
- Joan Weidling
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here
- Sharon Bennett
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
Are you ready to Get Started?
Join my team with Stampin' Up!'s fabulous $99 Starter kit and choose TWO FREE Stamp Sets (any value!)
Dates: ends Friday, 6/30/2016 (Just one day left!)
- New Team Members who join during June 2016 choose two stamp sets from the new annual catalog to be included in the Starter Kit for free.
- Any two stamp sets of any value - woohoo!
- Stamp sets only...bundles and kits cannot be selected as free stamp sets
- Starter kit is $99, select $125 in product, PLUS the two free stamp sets!
- Promotion Deadlines: Starter Kit application must be submitted online or by faxed by the times below in order to receive free stamps.
- FAX: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 6:50 PM (MT).
- ONLINE IDA : Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT), sign up here: https://ida.stampinup.com/?demoid=61500
That’s right! Everyone who joins my DOstamperSTARS this month will get two FREE stamp sets in their Starter Kit. That’s an added value of up to $104, depending on which stamps you choose. It’s a pretty big deal!
I'd be happy to have you join my STARS! Check out my DOstamperSTARS andJoining Stampin' Up! pages for more information. If you have more questions, just let me know, I'm happy to answer them for you.
Thank You for Shopping with Dawn
View PDF: NEW 2016-17 Annual Catalog
SHOP: Clearance Rack
Check Out: June's Promotions
(Extra Stampin' Rewards! AND 2 Extra Stamp Sets when you Join my Team!)
NEW June VIP Host Code = U3VQZK9U
(learn more here)