Featured STAR: Melinda Smith Decorative Label Window Box
June 07, 2016
You're in for a treat today! Remember my post from yesterday, about the STARS sharing their Create & Play kit creations? I'm sure you do, because I've heard from many of you that you enjoyed seeing their creations. Well...I have one more for you, from Melinda Smith.
She created a box with her supplies and I was blown away by her creativity. She agreed to share the instructions & template too! See below:
Melinda's Decorative Label Window Box
- Score 6-1/4" x 5" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock
- On the long side (6 1/4”) side, score at 3/4”, 2-3/4”, 3-1/2” and 5-1/2”.
- On the shorter (5”) side, score at 3/4” and 4-1/4”.
- Fold and reinforce all score lines with a bone folder
- Refer to diagram, cut on all the dashed lines to create tabs along each of the long edges.
- Make a small diagonal notch on each edge of the tabs to cut off the actually scored line (this will make it easier to assemble).
- Fold on the solid lines.
- To ensure perfect window placement:
- cut a label from lightweight scrap paper, using the Decorative Label punch.
- Center and adhere the scrap label to the large section between Flap A and Flap B.
- Fold Flap A under, line up the scrap label in the window of the Decorative Label Punch, and punch the opening.
- Add adhesive to the edge of the window sheet (3” x 1-3/4”) and attach it behind the window opening.
- Finish off the the inside of the box (window side):
- Punch a decorative label shape from the center of a 3-1/4” x 1-7/8” piece of Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Adhere it to the inside of the box, over the window sheet, matching up the the window area
- Use tear tape assemble box
- Adhere Tabs 2 and Tabs 3 to inside of Flaps E. This is the base of the box.
- Adhere Tabs 1 to Flaps D. This is the cover (which is attached)
- Use a sponge to ink all edges with Crumb Cake. Let dry and decorate with washi tape.
- Punch bow pieces using Bow Builder Punch, decorate with washi tape. Assemble and adhere to box.
Download/Print: Decorative Label Window Box PDF (includes tips for bow too)
Let her know how much you like her box by leaving a comment, and I'll pass it along to her.
The Create and Play Kits were a fun activity I did with my STARS team. I'm sure I'll be doing it again. Join us (and get two free stamps - any value) so you can get in on it next time!
Stamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online):
Thank You for Shopping with Dawn
View PDF: NEW 2016-17 Annual Catalog
SHOP: Clearance Rack
NEW June VIP Host Code = U3VQZK9U
(learn more here)