It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Sketch Pad" challenge.
As a demonstrator, we often have the opportunity to pre-purchase products before they are made available to the public. The upcoming Thoughtful Branches Bundle is an example of one of those opportunities...a fabulous perk of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator! Mine arrived the other day and I knew I'd reach for it for today's challenge, which is a refreshing sketch with a curved layer.
Thoughtful Branches Hydrangea
- To create the curved layer, I traced a small plate onto a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock. After cutting along the traced line, I decided to use the bottom portion for my card (save the other piece for another time).
- Adhere curved piece to 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock that has been run through the Big Shot with the new Petal Burst Texture Impressions Folder. Then adhere to folded 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" Wisteria Wonder card base.
- Stamp large flower/tree brush image (from Thoughtful Branches) on Whisper White cardstock with Wisteria Wonder ink (stamp off a couple times for added depth) and die cut with Beautiful Branches Thinlits dies. (can be purchased separately or save 10% with bundle!)
- Die cut stem/leaves image from Old Olive cardstock (trim off leaf from right side)
- Position and adhere flower (Stampin' Dimensional edges) and stem/leaves (Fine Tip Glue) to card.
- Wrap Old Olive Bakers Twine around card front and tie in a bow.
- Stamp greeting on Whisper White cardstock and die cut with Layering Circles (2-1/8") and adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Attached Rhinestones
- Mail to someone special!
I have a couple special people in my life who I'm thinking of to send this card too. I'm sure it will brighten their day - that's the power of a handmade card!
Just another little something to wet your whistle for the gorgeous Thoughtful Branches special coming August 2nd - 31st.
download & print: Thoughtful Branches PDF
(available to purchase August 2-31st)
Don't forget...only a few days left to earn $5 Bonus Days Coupons...ends July 31st! For every $50 you spend, you'll earn a $5 Bonus Days Coupon - yay!! (Note: coupon codes will be sent to you from Stampin' Up! immediately after you place your order - save your codes!). Collect them throughout July and redeem your coupon code(s) in August (2nd-31st).
Be sure to check out more "Sketch Pad" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Michelle Harrington
- Joan Weidling
- Judy Strickling
- Miriam Bollinger
- Angela O'Neill
- Cathy Peck
- Connie Plaumann
- Dawn Olchefske
- Dawn Thomas
- Sharon Bennett