Welcome to the Control Freaks July 2016. We are thrilled to have you join us today. Our tour features some of your favorite Control Freaks Stampers sharing projects made with Stampin' Up! products. In fact, you may have just come from fellow freak Melissa Davies' blog.
Our theme for this month is: Fun & Fancy Free. Meaning...anything goes! So I selected my current favorite stamp set...Blooms & Wishes!
This was my new catalog swap for the Control Freaks last month.
Dawn's Blooms & Bliss Control Freaks Swap
- The images are stamped on a die cut Whisper White circle from Layering Circles (largest circle). Trim about 3/8" off one side.
- Large flowers were stamped in Sweet Sugarplum once, then stamped off for the 2nd one.
- Same with the small flowers stamped in Rich Razzleberry.
- Again for the leaves stamped in Mint Macaron.
- Greeting stamped with Rich Razzleberry
- Two 3" x 3/4" strips of Blooms and Bliss Designer Series Paper were adhered to a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock.
- Wrap Whisper White Bakers Twine around panel and tie in a bow
- Adhere to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Rich Razzleberry cardstock
- Adhere stamped circle with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Adhere Blushing Bride sequins with Glue Dots
At my local Stamping Club Class last week, we tried the Craft Sheet Stamping Technique (we used a slightly different design and inks). But I had to give my favorite color combo a try for today's card. This technique creates a faux watercolor look. See how...
Blooms & Wishes Craft Sheet Stamping
- Swipe ink onto a Silicone Craft Sheet and lightly mist with Stampin' Spritzer (don't over mist or it will be too wet). Use this as your "stamp pad"
- Ink up stamp from the "misted" ink on the Silicone Craft sheet and randomly stamp images.
- Inks used: Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry & Mint Macaron
- I recommend stamping on Shimmery White cardstock, as it withstands the extra water better.
- Have fun!!
What do you think about the color combo? I'm lovin' it!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- Blooms & Wishes Photopolymer Stamps 
- Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper 
- Shimmery White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock 
- Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock 
- Sweet Sugarplum 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Rich Razzleberry 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock 
- Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Rich Razzlebberry Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Silicone Craft Sheet 
- Stampin' Spritzer 
- Blushing Bride Sequin Trim 
- Twine Baker's Whisper White 
- Big Shot 
- Layering Circle Framelits Dies 
- Layering Ovals Framelits Dies 
- Glue Dots 
- Stampin' Dimensionals 
Well, that wraps up this stop of the tour. I hope you enjoyed my projects for this month! Now on to more creative inspiration from my friend and fellow freak, LeeAnn Greff.