Today I'm blog hopping with Kylie Burtucci's Team (from Australia). The theme is actually casing me - ha! Hmm...what should I case? I picked a sketch challenge that I didn't feel like I got my fill of and paired it with new Stampin' Up! 2016 Holiday Catalog product coming September 1st. The new product is a Christmas set called Star of Light Bundle. It includes the Star of Light stamp set and coordinating Starlight Thinlits Dies.
The beauty of this card is, the sketch is simple enough that the eye is drawn to the lovely star focal point, all die cut using the new Starlight Thinlits Dies. Here's how...
Star of Light Bundle Christmas card in 5 Steps
- Stamp swirl image with Sweet Sugarplum ink onto 4" x 2-5/8" piece of Whisper White. Adhere to 3" x 3" piece of Soft Sky cardstock, then to 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" folded Sweet Sugarplum card base.
- Stamp largest star image using Sweet Sugarplum ink onto 4" x 3-1/4" piece of Sweet Sugarplum. Die cut with matching thinlit.
- Die cut 1-3/4" x 2" Pool Party star. Wrap Silver Metallic Thread around fingers and adhere to back of die cut with Stampin' Dimensionals. Adhere to large star, then adhere to card.
- Stamp small line starburst image with Sweet Sugarplum ink onto scrap of white, die cut with matching thinlit. Adhere on top of star. Attach small silver Metallic Enamel shape (round).
- Stamp greeting (from Star of Light stamp set) with Sweet Sugarplum ink onto scrap of Whisper White (mount it "curved" to the shape of the Duet Banner punch). Stamp the outline banner image (from Thoughtful Banners) with Soft Soft ink over greeting. Punch and adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
There's lots of possibilities with the Star of Light Bundle. It includes lots of greetings for inside and out, and great coordinating dies to create lots of different stars. You'll have fun playing with this set starting September 1st!
Thank you Kylie & your Crazy Crafters Team for inviting me to play along today.
Stamping Supplies (holiday catalog available 9/1/2016)
August VIP Host Code = 723WNVW9
(learn more here)