It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Sketch Pad" challenge.
I was so excited for this week's sketch challenge. There really are so many options for this sketch...Stamped images, punches or even Designer Series Paper with die cuts...which is what I landed on. And since I've been stamping up a storm with my new Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog pre-order products (for demonstrators)...I reached for the Halloween Nights Designer Series Paper.
Spooky Fun Triple Square Card - 6 steps
- Die cut (3) Basic Black scallop squares from Layering Squares Framelits (#4 measuring 1-1/2")
- Cut (3) 1-3/8" squares of Halloween Night Designer Series Paper and adhere to black scallop squares. Then adhere to 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp greeting from Spooky Fun stamp set with black ink. Adhere completed panel to 3-7/8" x 5-1/2" piece of Basic Black cardstock.
- Wrap Halloween Night Baker's Twine around layered panel and tie in a bow.
- Die cut images with black and white cardstock
- Large bat and witch from Halloween Scenes Edgelits (bundled with Spooky Fun)
- Small bat and ghost from Home Sweet Home (stamp ghost face with face image from Spooky Fun)
- Adhere larger images with Stampin' Dimensionals, small bat with Fine Tip Glue
- Adhere completed panel to folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Pumpkin Pie card base
True confession time...
I don't normally purchase Halloween products every year. I don't send too many cards, so I don't have a need for too many Halloween-themed products. However, I have to admit...I completely fell in love with the Halloween offering this year and purchased way too much. Having said that...I'm so happy with the Spooky Fun Bundle and the Home Sweet Home Bundle. There are products I wouldn't have typically gotten. But I'm SO happy I did, as I'm having way too much fun with them!
Stampin' Up! Framelits Measurements Page
(be updated on 9/1 with Holiday Catalog Framelits/Thinlits)
Be sure to check out more "Sketch Pad" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Sharon Bennett
- Connie Plaumann
- Dawn Olchefske
- Joan Weidling
- Angela O'Neill
- Michelle Harrington
- Miriam Bollinger
- Dawn Thomas
- Judy Strickling
- Robyn Rasset
August VIP Host Code = 723WNVW9
(learn more here)