It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Product Spotlight" challenge.
This week we're featuring Stampin' Up's Decorative Masks. You're probably wondering where I used the mask...if you look closely, you'll see some striped embossing in the background. I used one of the new Seasonal Decorative Masks.
What’s a decorative mask?
Think stencils, but updated for today’s crafting. It’s so easy— just place the mask over cardstock, fabric, or other material and add a little color to create fun patterns and backgrounds! Here's some ways...
- Spritz using ink, chalk, or glimmer sprays
- Sponge using ink or paint
- Trace using markers
- Emboss using VersaMark ink
Plus...you can even emboss with the Big Shot. Think Texture Impressions Embossing Folders. I saw a video by Bibi Cameron showing several ways for using the stencils. I had to modify mine slightly. Here's the sandwich I used (from the bottom):
Decorative Mask Big Shot Embossing Sandwich
- Big Shot Platform (*)
- Cutting Pad
- 2 Silicone Craft Sheets
- Thick Whisper White cardstock (4" x 5-1/4")
- Decorative Mask
- Cutting Pad
- 2 sheets of lightweight copy paper folded in half (if it's too tight, only use one sheet...experiment)
(*) NOTE: if you have the Multipurpose platform - experiment with tab#1 or no tabs)
Here's a closer look...cool, huh? Here's the rest of the details for the card...
Cozy Critter Red Nose Fox Card
- Use diagonal striped Seasonal Decorative Mask to texture emboss 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White panel with Big Shot.
- Apply Candy Cane Lane Washi Tape between the stripes (wrap ends around the back). Adhere panel to folded 4-1/4" x 11" Real Red card base.
- On Whisper White scrap stamp fox image twice from Cozy Critters stamp set (Stampin' Rewards choice) with crumb Cake ink. Use fine tip end of Real Red marker to add fun details (ears, tail, scarf, toes). Die cut one with Layering Circle Framelits (2-3/8") and the second one...cut out head with Fox Builder punch. Adhere over fox image with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Thread a silver Mini Jingle Bell onto 8" of Real Red Baker's Twine (from Candy Cane Lane Combo Pack). Staple (*) twine to just under the fox's head and tie a bow. Adhere completed circle to die cut Real Red scallop Layering Circle (2-1/2").
- On Whisper White scrap stamp greeting (from Tin of Tags stamp set). Die cut with 1-7/8 Layering Circle. Adhere to die cut Real Red scallop Layering Circle (2")
- Adhere both completed circles to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- And for the final touch...punch a Red Glimmer Paper small circle from the Sprinkles Punch and adhere to nose with Fine Tip Glue!
I just had to add the Red Glimmer nose. We can call him Rudolph the Red Nose Fox!
The Cozy Critters is a Stampin' Rewards stamp set. Available for you to choose when you earn Stampin' Rewards on orders of $150 or more!
(*) Note: Handheld Stapler and Mini Silver Staples are being discontinued due to supplier issues. Stock up before supplies run out!
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please click here to see all of this week's participants
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)