It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Color My World" challenge.
I really wanted to create a pine bough look with holiday candles and I had so much fun coming up with this card design using the Peace this Christmas stamp set and the matching This Christmas Designer Series Paper. See how below...
Christmas Candles Pine Bough Card
- Create pine boughs:
- Use the pine bough image from Peace This Christmas.
- Ink with Garden Green and stamp on 3-3/4" x 5" Very Vanilla panel.
- Without reinking, stamp two more times.
- Repeat until you reach 3 quarters of the way across panel.
- Rotate stamp upside down and continue with same stamping technique.
- Add depth with the pine bough image and Soft Suede ink. Stamp off on scrap paper first, then stamp twice over pine boughs. Repeat until you get the look you desire.
- Use Clear Wink of Stella to paint glimmer to the edges of the pines. (photo doesn't capture it, but it looks gorgeous in real life)
- Stamp the greeting banner with Cherry Cobbler one scrap of Very Vanilla. Die cut with Bunch of Banners Framelit Dies, adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Create candles:
- Use Classic Label Punch to cut 3 strips from various patterns of This Christmas Designer Series Paper.
- Cut off pointed ends and trim to various lengths. Adhere to panel, under banner.
- Use Blossom Builder Punch to cut 5 petal flower from Gold Glimmer Paper.
- Cut off 3 petals for candle flames. Adhere with Glue Dots
- Stamp two pinecones from Peace this Christmas with Soft Suede ink. Fussy cut with Paper Snips, adhere with glue dots under banner.
- Attach 8" of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine with a stapler (just under banner, over top edge of pinecones). Tie in a bow
- Adhere to 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" Cherry Cobbler cardstock, then to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Garden Green cardstock.
- Send to someone special!
Ok, so I cheated a little with today's color combo. Instead of Crumb Cake, I used Soft Suede. But I think it's still in the spirit of the challenge and assume you will forgive me!
This was my entire presentation from the Creative Connections Event.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please click here to see all of this week's participants
Year-End Close Out Coming December 1st
Stampin’ Up! has been doing a little year-end cleaning, and they've got some great deals to offer you!
Our Year-End Closeouts will include holiday retiring products, clearance rack items, and current high-inventory catalog products.
- Promotion period: December 1, 2016 – January 3, 2017
- A list containing all items from the 2016 Holiday Catalog times that are retiring and will no longer be available for purchase after January 3, 2017...will be available December 1st
- However, we recommend you go directly to the online store for a current list of Year-End Closeouts items and deals, as items will become unavailable as they sell-out.