It's been a long time since I've done the Shaving Cream Background Technique. When my friend, Kelly suggested it for my club class, I thought it was a great idea. I paired it with the Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle for a from holiday card!
Shaving Cream Background Technique
- Spray Shaving Cream (white foaming cream) into a container (like a foil pan or I used an older "clamshell" case that Stampin' Up! used to use to hold their stamps in)
- Use the Real Red reinker to squeeze 3 or 4 drops of ink around the shaving cream. Use a plastic knife and swirl the ink around the shaving cream until you get the desired swirl look.
- Press 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock into the shaving cream swirl. As you lift off, keep facing down and pull across the edge of your container to pull off most of the shaving cream.
- Flip over and use a paper towel to remove the rest of shaving cream.
- Let dry (maybe a couple minutes)
- Note: each time you add another piece, it will look different. You can re-swirl around and add more drops of ink if you like more color.
Cookie Cutter Santa Tag
- Stamp greeting with black ink at bottom of 4-1/8" x 2" tag that is cut with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
- Place strip of Candy Cane Lane Designer Washi Tape above greeting.
- Stamp Santa image with black ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Color with Real Red Stampin' Write Marker. Cut with Cookie Cutter Builder punch. Adhere to tag with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Thread Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine onto tag and tie in a bow. Adhere tag to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Cut off one pom pom and adhere to Santa's hat with glue dots.
When you're doing the shaving cream technique, the shaving cream goes a long way. Add more drops of color as you go along and re-swirl. A perfect technique for mass-producing holiday cards!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies