DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge #249: Painted Harvest, Pick a Pumpkin Wreath
September 20, 2017
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Home Sweet Home" challenge.
I went with a pretty literal interpretation of today's photo inspiration. But I REALLY like the way it turned out. Here's how you can recreate it...
Painted Harvest Pick a Pumpkin Wreath card
- Run 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Soft Suede panel through Big Shot with Pinewood Planks Texture Embossing Folder. Adhere to folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Soft Suede cardstock.
- Wrap Jute Twine loosely around 4-fingers three times. Tie in a knot where the ends meet and then in two other places tie a small knot to complete the wreath. Adhere with glue dots to card front.
- Stamp & cut the following images:
- From Painted Harvest stamp set: sunflower on Whisper White, small flower image is stamped 4 times with Crumb Cake ink. Twice stamped off and twice again, rotating image each time. Stamp center image with Early Espresso ink...stamp off, then stamp again rotating image. Stamp a few dots with Early Espresso ink in cent. Fussy cut out.
- From Pick a Pumpkin: pumpkin image on Whisper White with Soft Suede ink stamped off. Dotted leaf image stamp with Early Espresso ink. Stem image stamp with Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake, use Blender Pen to blend in image. Die cut with matching shapes from Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits Dies.
- Cut Crumb Cake leaf using Leaf Punch
- Assemble sunflower, leaves & pumpkin together with glue dots and Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Wrap Gold Metallic Thread around 3-fingers and adhere to back of "flower" with Glue Dots. Then adhere wreath to card with "double-stacked" Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere Touches of Nature Elements leaf just under wreath with a Glue Dot.
- Stamp "hello" (from Thoughtful Banners stamp set) with Early Espresso on Crumb Cake. Cut with Classic Label Punch. Adhere to card with Glue Dots and trim off excess from right edge.
If you already have the Painted Harvest Bundle, then you're halfway there. Be sure to add the Pick a Pumpkin Bundle (with Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits Dies) to your shopping card today!
- Shop with Dawn
- FREE Merry Patterns stamp set
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Dawn's Product Shares - Holiday Product Shares still available!
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
Looking for measurements?
- 144670 Patterned Pumpkin Thinlits Dies (2017 Holiday Catalog)
- Bundle & Save 10% with Pick a Pumpkin stamp set 146024(w) or 146025(c)
For more Framelit & Thinlit measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
FREE stamp set with Merry Patterns Promotion
Merry Patterns Promotion Details:
- Dates: September 1–October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to the host promotion and will not be available after October 31
- Free with qualifying $300 order (before shipping and handling)
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards - yay!!!
- PRINT: Merry Patterns Flyer
Dawn's Product Shares
- Now taking reservations for 2017 Holiday Product Shares - for details CLICK HERE
- To see ALL of my Product Share options (Holiday and Annual Catalog) - CLICK HERE
Reserve yours today!
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
SHOP: Clearance Rack
VIEW: Stampin' Up! Catalogs
Learn more: Merry Patterns Free Stamp Set
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Black Rhinestone Jewels
September VIP Host Code = JQWWBYXD
(learn more here)