With only a day left for the Festive Phrases stamp set, I thought I better share this beautiful card and fun Mini Pizza Box before the stamp set retires on January 2nd (along with most of the products from the 2017 Holiday Catalog). The card features a colorful "alcohol" inking technique with a twist!
The twist is the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and you're gonna love it!. Not sure what it's called, but I'll be referring to it as Ink Blending with a Twist. Here's how...
Instructions for Ink Blending With a Twist Technique:
- On a Silicone Craft Sheet, squeeze "dots" of ink refill around the mat. Use various sizes of dots. Start with your "primary" color - here it's Melon Mambo.
- Then add a few dots of a secondary color - again various sizes. Here it's Crushed Curry.
- Now for the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. You'll need to "over-squeeze" the brush to get "drips" of the glitter mixture to come out to add to craft sheet.
- Next, fill a Stampin' Spritzer with rubbing alcohol. Spritz the rubbing alcohol onto the ink so they start to blend together a little bit.
- Now you're ready to add it to Glossy Cardstock. Place the cardstock glossy side down onto the craft sheet and "push" it into the color. Lift up and see where else the color needs to go and continue moving and pressing until the cardstock is fully covered. Let dry
- NOTE: the color will move around a little bit and continue to blend as it dries. Each time you do it, it will look different. Have fun experimenting!
Instructions for the Love Window Card:
- Die cut a 2-7/8" x 3-5/16" curvy heart (using Sweet & Sassy Framelit Dies) from glossy cardstock inked panel (from above). Adhere to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Powder Pink card base.
- Open card and die cut a 2-3/8" x 2-3/4" curvy heart from the center of the opening left from previous die cut.
- Adhere 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White panel inside card.
- Use a pencil to lightly outline heart shape through window front. Stamp image (Festive Phrases stamp set) using Melon Mambo ink. When ink is dry, erase pencil marks (Optional: instead of using a pencil, use a Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement).
- Adhere sequins with Fine Tip Glue Pen.
Instructions for the Love Pizza Box
- Die cut 2-3/8" x 2-3/4" curvy heart window (using Sweet & Sassy Framelit Dies) from Mini Pizza Box.
- Cover window area from inside box with 3-3/8" square piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock. Optional: cover inside bottom of box with another square.
- Use Paper Snips to banner flag both ends of 3/4" x 4" piece of Silver Foil Sheet. Wrap Flirty Flamingo Bankers Twine twice around and tie in a bow (on far left end). Adhere to 4-1/2" piece Powder Pink 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon.
- Fold over 10" piece of Mini Silver Sequin Trim. Place onto foil banner over twine. Secure into place with Stampin' Dimensionals over the sequin trim (see photo)
- Stamp image on 3-3/4" x 2-1/2" scrap of Whisper White with Melon Mambo ink. Use Aqua Painter to blend color on small hearts and both ends of the arrow. Trim close to the "love" image and banner flag both ends. Remove backing from the Dimensionals on the sequin trim and adhere love banner over it. Then adhere entire piece to box front with Stampin' Dimensionals..
- Place Metallic Enamel Shape hearts over large stamped hearts. Adhere sequins with Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Fill with candy or jewelry!
It's not too early to start preparing for your Valentine's Day cards and treats. With projects like these, your love one's will be delighted!
NOTE: The Festive Phrases stamp set is a last-chance items and is only available while supplies last. After January 2, 2018, it will no longer be available. Be sure to add it to your shopping bag today!
- Shop with Dawn
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Dawn's Product Shares - Occasions Reservations continue
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
Looking for measurements?
- 141707 Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies (2016-17 Annual Catalog)
For more Framelit & Thinlit measurements, see my...
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIEW: Stampin' Up! Catalogs
SHOP: Clearance Rack
Shop: Year-End Sales Event (while supplies last)
Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber