It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Home Sweet Home" challenge.
When I saw today's Home Sweet Home photo inspiration, I knew right away I was going to do some punch art. I haven't done punch art in a very long time, but I've been itchin' to make an owl with the Best Badge punch. Now's the perfect time.
Here's the first two I made. I couldn't decide between Flirty Flamingo (left) and Sweet Sugarplum (right). In the end, I went with a traditional Valentine's color...Real Red.
Valentine Owl 4-1/4" Square Card
- Cut 2" x 4" piece of Sending Love Designer Series Paper, cut end with Banner Triple Punch. Adhere to 3-7/8" square of Whisper White cardstock. Then adhere to 4" square of Basic Black cardstock.
- Staple Basic Black Bakers Twine to card and tie in a bow. Adhere completed panel to folded 8-1/2" x 4-1/4" Real Red card base.
- Punch and assemble owl (see below). Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamp greeting (Sealed with Love stamp set) with Real Red ink
Best Badge Owl Punch List
- Best Badge = Real Red (body
- Blossom Builder = Real Red (2 wings)
- Owl Builder = Basic Black (eyes), Peekaboo Peach heart (nose)
- 3/4" Circle = Whisper White (eyes)
- Confetti Hearts Border = Real Red (large heart), Gold Glimmer (small heart)
- Love Notes Framelits = Whisper White ("slotted" heart), Gold Glimmer (long arrow)
- Assemble owl using Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Add white dots to eyes with White Stampin' Chalk Marker
How cute did this turn out? Super cute...I'm so happy with it. I think my grandsons will be getting this card for Valentine's Day this year. I know they will love it!
Plus, according to my husband, the white "slotted" heart makes the owl. So you'll want to get the Love Notes Framelits in time to make some owls of your own! When you order the Sealed with Love Bundle and the Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack, you will qualify for a free Sale-a-Bration going on right now. Shop Here
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please click here to see all of this week's participants