I'm making the shift from flowers to dinosaurs this week with Black Magic with a Twist. I wanted to show you something outside-the-box with this technique and thought the No Bones About It stamp set would be fun to work with...and it was!
No Bones About It: Black Magic with a Twist!
- Randomly stamp dinosaurs with Whisper White Craft ink on 4" x 5-1/4" Basic Black cardstock.
- Use Watercolor Pencils in "combos" to color each dinosaur (color with lighter one, then add details with darker one):
- Bermuda Bay & Pacific Point
- Melon Mambo & Rich Razzleberry
- Daffodil Delight & Pumpkin Pie
- Old Olive & Early Espresso
- Play around with different color combos
- Use White Chalk Marker to add dots for the "twist".
- Stamp greeting with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on scrap of Old Olive cardstock. Die cut with Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits Die. Adhere with SNAIL and staple.
- Adhere completed panel to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Old Olive card base.
If you missed the other Black Magic Cards...
From left to right (click on links below to see them all)
- Card 1: Flourishing Phrases with a Twist
- Card 2: No Bones About it (you're here)
- Card 3: Flourishing Phrases
- Card 4: Flourishing Phrases with a Wink & a Twist
As you can see, I had a lot of fun playing with the Black Magic Technique. Get yourself a set of Watercolor Pencils and starting playing...you're gonna love them! NOTE: due to the popularity of the Watercolor Pencils, Stampin' Up! anticipates that they may go on backorder again in the coming weeks, so be sure to get yours today!
Looking for measurements?
- 135854 Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits Dies (2016-17 Annual Catalog)
Looking for all of Stampin' Up!'s Framelit measurements? Check it out, along with printable PDF's!
Stamping Supplies (click on the products to shop online)
It's Sale-a-Bration Time!
Get one FREE Sale-a-Bration product for every $50 you order
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn