So, one of the first things I thought of when I saw the February Many Happy Birthdays Paper Pumpkin kit was, this would make a great candy bar slider! And to my delight, it worked out perfectly...just like I envisioned it in my head - yay!!
Easy Candy Bar Slider
- Assemble "card sleeve" from kit as instructed (but exclude the flame).
- Cut holes at open end of card with 1/8" handheld circle punch (I was able to punch through both layers at the same time)
- Wrap 22" of Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon around candy bar (from top to bottom and back up) and slide into the card sleeve. Thread "back" ribbon through back hole and "front" ribbon through front hole and tie together in a bow.
- Create pull tag by stamping "pull" on scrap of Whisper White cardstock with Night of Navy ink. Punch with Classic Label punch. Trim down to size. Punch 1/8" hole on end. Thread Night of Navy Baker's Twine through "tag" hole and onto ruched ribbon bow, then tie in a bow.
- Die cut 2-1/4" x 1-5/16" Stitched Shape Oval Framelit from Whisper White cardstock. Stamp images with Night of Navy and Flirty Flamingo inks. Adhere to front of slider with strips of Stampin' Dimensionals over the window (be careful to not adhere over the window edges to the candy bar)
- To open: pull up on the ribbon and the candy bar slides out...yum!
My last project turned out to be a "happy accident". I had punched some stars from the patterned card sleeves, which left some strips of paper with "negative star cutouts. As I was cleaning up, this strip almost landed in the trash, when I thought..."hmm, I could make something with this by putting stars over the negative spaces". Though, If I were to make it again - I'd just cut a strip of the paper and add the stars. I'll share directions for that below.
Celebrate You card
- Cut 4-3/8" x 1-1/2" strip from card sleeve.
- Cut 3 stars using Medium Star Punch (Coral Caypso, Night of Navy & Peekaboo Peach cardstock) and adhere to strip with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp greetings on 3/4" strips of Whisper White cardstock with Night of Navy ink. Trim down to size and trim ends into "flags". Adhere "celebrate" with Stampin' Dimensionals. Staple 8" of Night of Navy Baker's Twine and "you" together to strip. Tie twine in a bow.
- Adhere completed "strip" to folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Night of Navy card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
This would make for a great graduation or birthday card. What do you think of these projects? Super cute, right?
So...right now the 3-month Prepaid Paper Pumpkin Subscription is on sale. (click on product below to shop online)
When you order it during Sale-a-Bration, you'll also qualify to choose, you can choose a FREE a Sale-a-Bration product! Shop Here
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online):
Subscribe with Dawn, Get BONUS!
Join Paper Pumpkin with Dawn and....
- Receive a BONUS PDF with 10-12 alternative ideas on how to use your Paper Pumpkin kit (each month you're a subscriber with me)
- In addition, I typically share more alternative ideas right here on my blog (like today).
- Be sure to check out my Paper Pumpkin Pinterest Board for LOTS of ideas!
- PLUS: If you're one of my DOstamperSTARS Team Members, you'll receive the BONUS PDF too, via our private blog (one of the many perks of being a member of my fabulous team!)
It's Sale-a-Bration Time!
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn