This week I'm sharing projects made with the new 2017-2019 In Colors. Today's color is Berry Burst...my favorite new In Color!
I received my Stampin' Success magazine last week (a quarterly magazine for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators) and got a chance to put up my feet and read it over the weekend. One of the articles featured Glossy Cardstock. The thing that makes Glossy Cardstock different is right in it's name. In has a beautiful, glossy finish on one side. Ink dries slowly on it, so it gives you time to try fun techniques with it, like today's Misted Reinkers!
I'm so excited to have Glossy Cardstock back, as there are so many techniques that you can do with it. However, the Misted Reinkers Technique featured in the magazine I had never tried below. It inspired me to get out some ink refills and play!
Misted Reinkers Techniques- How To
- Add drops of color with ink refills onto Glossy Cardstock. (Berry Burst & Tangerine Tango ink refills)
- NOTE: with my first couple of tries, I wasn't too happy with the results. That's because I think I held the ink refills too far away from the paper to add the drops of ink. When I touched the paper and added the drops, I was much more happy with the results.
- Use Stampin' Spritzer to spritz the drops with water (I used quite a bit of water). Allow the color to spread.
- Blot off the excess ink with a paper towel.
- NOTE: I used a napkin that had texture to blot it - that's why you see dots on my sample. I actually like it...happy accident!
- Let it dry
Happy Birthday Thinlit card
- Trim completed & dry Misted Reinker panel to 3-3/4" x 5". Adhere to 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Die cut Happy Birthday Thinlit from Berry Burst cardstock and Gold Foil Sheet. Adhere both together, slightly offset with Fine Tip Glue Pen. Then to technique panel with Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Wrap Whisper White Bakers Twine twice around panel and tie in a bow. Then adhere to folded 4-1/4" x 11" Berry Burst cardstock.
- Add Gold Faceted Gems.
Fun, right? My brain is spinning with lots of ideas the Misted Reinkers Technique could be used for...snowflakes, flowers, fireworks, etc!
Yesterday I shared the coordinating stamp set for the Happy Birthday Thinlits, the Happy Birthday Gorgeous. Now you have a couple of ideas on what to do with them. I was right, right? You want them, right? Save 10% when you purchase the (145301) Happy Birthday Gorgeous bundle. Get yours today, so you can start creating with them right away!
- Shop with Dawn
- "We Love Hosts" promotion - Earn an extra $35 in Stampin' Rewards in June
- Dawn's Product Shares
- Join DOstamperSTARS
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get 25% off first 3 months - ends June 10th
Looking for measurements?
Stamping Supplies (click on the products to shop online)
Dawn's Product Shares - round 2
CLICK HERE to see all the Product Share options and reserve yours today!
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn