DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge #242: Rolling Marbles & Every Good Wish Sneak Peek
August 02, 2017
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Product Spotlight" challenge.
This week's challenge is to use Stampin' Up! Ink Refills. Of course their main purpose is to re-ink Classic Stampin’ Pads. But you can also use them for or use for spritzing, watercoloring and lots of background techniques. Today I'm sharing an oldie, but goodie technique...Rolling Marbles.
- Use a rectangle plastic container with a lid (I used a clamshell storage case, the kind that Stampin' Up! stamps used to be stored in)
- Add a couple of drops of ink refill to the container (I used Real Red for the first card, Real Red & Old Olive for the 2nd card)
- Place 3 marbles in the container. Close the lid and shake the marbles around in the ink (side to side, not up and down).
- Open the container and adhere piece of cardstock (4" x 5-1/4") on the lid (just use a couple strips of snail - you want to be able to easily remove it)
- Flip the container over and roll the "inked marbles" over the cardstock to create the desired look.
- Remove cardstock, let dry (will dry quickly). Add to your project.
For the focal point, I pulled out one of my "prize" stamp sets that I got while at the Stampin' Up! Thailand Incentive Trip, called Every Good Wish (from the 2017 Holiday Catalog, coming 9/1). I used Real Red for the greeting and Old Olive for the holly leaves. Die cut with Lots of Framelits dies (#5). Add a 1/2" strip of Real Red Glimmer Paper, Old Olive Baker's Twine and some Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
I also tried it in Whisper White, with Real Red & Olive Olive Ink Refills (both in the Brights Classic Stampin' Ink Refills pack #131162). I can't decide which one I like the best...Whisper White or Crumb Cake. Which do you like?
Either way - Rolling Marbles is a fun Ink Refill Background Technique. Be sure to stock up on Ink Refills today (see supply list below)!
- Shop with Dawn
- Carols of Christmas (early release)
- How to: Redeem Your Bonus Days Coupons
- Join my Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Dawn's Product Shares
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
Looking for measurements?
For more Framelit & Thinlit measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
SHOP: Carols of Christmas (early release)
SHOP: Clearance Rack
VIEW: Stampin' Up! Catalogs
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Garden Trellis Texture Impressions Embossing Folder
August VIP Host Code = 7DNNCYRY
(learn more here)