Garden Girl Stamp Set with Water Coloring Tips
August 08, 2017
After yesterday's masculine card, today we're doing a 180, over to the darling new stamp set called Garden Girl.
These cheery summertime images lend themselves to any kind of coloring technique you can imagine, but today I'll be sharing a card using watercoloring along with some tips . The line art on these sweet characters will definitely bring a smile to your face!
Watercolored Garden Girl
- Ink up girl image (Garden Girl stamp set) with Versamark ink, then stamp on Memento Tuxedo Black Ink pad. Then stamp on 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Shimmery White cardstock. Cover with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, then melt with Heat Tool.
- Create a "mask" by stamping girl again on piece of thin scrap paper or large sticky note. Cut out image just inside the lines. Place mask over stamped image with a tiny amount of adhesive. Stamp fence on either side using the same stamping/heat embossing as described in Step 1.
- Watercolor using Aqua Painter & Ink Pads, as follows (see tips below):
- So Saffron=Hair
- Powder Pink & Crumb Cake-Skin
- Sweet SugarPlum=dress, bows
- Always Artichoke=basket
- Peekaboo Peach=carrots, sentiment
- Pear Pizzazz=carrot tops, grass
- Soft Suede=fence
- Emerald Envy=boots
- Smoky Slate=shadow around girl
- Soft Sky=sky
- Once dry, adhere to 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock.
- Wrap Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon around panel and tie in a bow. Adhere completed panel to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Shimmery White card base
- Stamp greeting (from Wood Words stamp set) with Peekaboo Peach ink. (a sweet greeting to coordinate with the "bunch of carrots"!) Die cut with 1-1/8" shape from Layering Circle Framelit Dies & Big Shot. Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- I like to heat emboss images so the watercoloring doesn't bleed into other parts of the image. Gives me a little more control.
- Tightly squeeze closed ink pad lid into bottom of pad. Open to find a "pool" of ink in the lid to use for coloring.
- Let one area dry before coloring the area next to it - also helps prevent bleeding over.
- Take a clear block and stamp one half onto Powder Pink ink pad and the other half onto Crumb Cake. Blend inks together with Aqua Painter to get a skin tone color.
- I like to water down the paper first for sky and grass then go back and add color, to get a more muted and even look.
- A gray outline makes your image pop off background.
- Take your time with watercoloring and you'll be more satisfied with the results!
Here's another Garden Girl sample created by Stampin' Up! with a little bit of a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz vibe to it...cute!
If watercoloring is your thing...this sweet stamp set is a must-have. Be sure to add Garden Girl to your shopping bag today! See supply list below for shopping online.
- Shop with Dawn
- Carols of Christmas (early release)
- How to: Redeem Your Bonus Days Coupons
- Join my Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Dawn's Product Shares - Holiday Shares coming soon
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
How to Redeem Your Bonus Days Coupon Codes?
- If you're redeeming your coupon codes with an online order, see these instructions
- There is no limit on the number of coupons you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be discounted with Bonus Days coupons.
- Coupon codes are not case-sensitive. However the codes include a dash and you will need to include the dash in the code for them to work.
- Coupon codes expire August 31st. I recommend using them right away, so you don't forget!
You can redeem your Bonus Days Coupon(s) on any Stampin' Up! product. However, if you're looking for something new, then check out
- the new Carols of Christmas Bundle - (Carols of Christmas stamp set and coordinating Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies)
- it's a special-offer early-release from the upcoming 2017 Holiday Catalog.
Carols of Christmas products (click on item #'s below to shop online):
- Carols of Christmas Bundle (146036w or 146037c) - includes stamp set and thinlits dies (save 10%)
- Carols of Christmas Stamp Set only (144801w or 144804c)
- Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies only (144674) - see measurements
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
SHOP: Carols of Christmas (early release)
SHOP: Clearance Rack
VIEW: Stampin' Up! Catalogs
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Garden Trellis Texture Impressions Embossing Folder
August VIP Host Code = 7DNNCYRY
(learn more here)