Paper Pumpkin: 3 Positively Picturesque Alternate Ideas!
August 04, 2017
Have you seen the Positively Picturesque July Paper Pumpkin Kit?
As I've been doing this summer, I played with the kit at the cabin. Paper Pumpkin is a perfect activity to bring to the cabin, along with a couple of basic punches and extra matching paper. I also pre-die cut a few Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (my must-have for greetings!) and I'm ready to play!!
Here's a couple of Positively Picturesque alternate ideas I came up with...
After playing around with the kit a little bit, I noticed the inside of the envelopes have pattern paper - woohoo! Once the envelope was opened, I was able to get two 3" x 2-1/4" pieces (to make 2 cards).
Lemon Lime Twist Thanks card
- Adhere 3" x 2-1/4" envelope pattern paper to 3-1/4" x 2-3/8" piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. Adhere to 3-5/8" x 4-7/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock. Then adhere to Whisper White Notecard (& Envelopes).
- Stamp greeting on 2-1/4" wide Stitched Shapes Framelit oval, adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals. Attach 2017-2019 In Color Bitty Bow.
- Stamp "small burst" image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Attach Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
Here's another easy one, using one of the card bases from the Positively Picturesque kit. I colored one of the wooden words with a black Sharpie Marker, as one of the letters had a small chip in it and I thought it would be fine if I colored it. I LOVED the results.
Hooray, It's Your Day
- Adhere 1/4"x 4" piece of pattern envelope paper to 1/2" x 4-1/8" piece of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. Adhere to folded card (from kit).
- Stamp "small burst" image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Wrap Basic Black Baker's Twine around card and tie in a bow.
- Color wooden word with Sharpie Marker (let dry). Adhere to card with Glue Dots
- Stamp greeting with black in on scrap of white. Cut with Classic Label Punch. Adhere with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
And this last card for today, I'm completely in love with the way it turned out. It's so sweet!
Love You Tulip card
- Place (do not adhere yet - using as placement for stamping) 1" x 3-1/2" piece of pattern envelope paper on 2-1/4" x 3-1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock. Stamp a row of leaves with then tulips with Powder Pink ink (from kit). Now adhere pattern paper.
- Adhere completed panel to 2-1/2" x 3-3/4" piece of Powder Pink cardstock. Then to folded card )from kit) with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- On 1-3/8" Stitched Shapes Framelits circle stamp words with Powder Pink & Lemon Lime Twist inks. Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach 2017-2019 In Color Bitty Bow.
Which one is your favorite?
I hope to share a few more I have up my sleeve, but they aren't quite ready yet. Hopefully soon!
Sign up to be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber with me and get lots of fun ideas like today's! See more reasons below to Subscribe with Dawn.
- Shop with Dawn
- Carols of Christmas (early release)
- How to: Redeem Your Bonus Days Coupons
- Join my Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Dawn's Product Shares
Dawn's Supply List (click on products below to shop online)
145535 Positively Picturesque Kit Refill
(Must be a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber to order this item.)
Supplies for 8 cards includes:
- 4 standard card bases (2 ea. of 2 colors)
- 4 sheets white die cuts (2 ea. of 2 designs)
- 4 note card bases (2 ea. of 2 designs)
- 4 printed standard envelopes
- 4 printed note card envelopes
- 2 printed flower cardstock pieces
- 1 sheet of 8 die-cut stickers
- 3 sheets die-cut elements
- 12 woodcuts (2 ea. of 6 designs)
- 5 yds pink washi tape
- 5 yds blue washi tape
- 65 dimensionals
- 100 adhesive dots
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink, Soft Sky, Tranquil Tide.
WATCH VIDEO: Positively Picturesque Paper Paper Kit in Action
Subscribe with Dawn, Get a BONUS!
Join Paper Pumpkin with Dawn and....
- Receive a FREE BONUS PDF with 10-12 alternative ideas on how to use your Paper Pumpkin kit (each month you're a subscriber with me)
- In addition, I typically share more alternative ideas right here on my blog (like today).
- Be sure to check out my Paper Pumpkin Pinterest Board for LOTS of ideas!
- PLUS: If you're one of my DOstamperSTARS Team Members, you'll receive the BONUS PDF too, via our private blog (one of the many perks of being a member of my fabulous team!)
- Subscribe HERE
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
Carols of Christmas (early release)
SHOP: Clearance Rack
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Garden Trellis Texture Impressions Embossing Folder
August VIP Host Code = 7DNNCYRY
(learn more here)