It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Product Spotlight" challenge.
Today's challenge is any Stampin' Up! Holiday Product and I selected the Smitten Mitten Bundle. Specifically, the Many Mittens Framelits Dies.
Last month at the Creative Connections Event, we were fortunate to have Carrie Cudney from the Stampin' Up! home office shared a fun presentation using the Smitten Mitten Bundle. One of the most adorable projects she featured was a fun mini penguins punch art tag. I knew I wanted to give it a try. I put the small ones together and I guess I didn't realize how small they really were. I had something bigger in mind. So I started playing with the large mitten framelits and this is what I came up with...
Oh my gosh...isn't this SO cute? I was giddy with the results...it makes me smile! Let me take you through the steps.
Smitten Mitten Penguin Family Card - How To:
The above photo shows you what you'll need to assemble both a large and small penguin.
- TIP: Adhere mittens together with "thumbs" facing out. Don't overlap completely - give a little extra space on the sides, so the white center doesn't cover all the black up (hope that makes sense?)
- Colors = Basic Black, Whisper White, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
- Framelit/Punches = Many Mittens Framelits Dies, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Fox Builder Punch
- Adhesives = Glue Dots, Snail, Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Additional Tips:
- Large Nose = cut from "bow tie"
- Large Feet = cut from "star" framelit shape
Tips for hats:
- Small hats = trim off piece from small mitten (Pool Party, Real Red). Trim with Mini Tinsel Trim Combo Pack
- Top hat = Basic Black 1-1/2" x 1" and cut out from Classic Label Punch
- Large hat = trim off piece from large mitten (Pool Party). Trim with 1-5/8" x 1/4" - add texture used "embossing" die from Many Mittens Framelit set.
Outside of card:
- Card base = 11" x 4-1/4 Soft Sky
- Snowflakes = Smitten Mittens stamp set, stamp with Pool Party
- Snow = 2-1/4" x 4-1/4" Whisper White (I did tear it, but after assembling the card - I see the "tearing" doesn't really show)
- Greeting = Hearts Come Home stamp set, stamp with black ink
Inside of card:
- 1/2" x 4-1/4" strip of Basic Black
- Stamp greeting (from Smitten Mitten) on scrap of white and cut with Everyday Label punch
- Real Red heart is from Cookie Cutter Punch
So...what do you think of this Many Mittens Penguin Family card? I'm thinking these penguins would even be cute for Valentine's Day. I know I'm smitten!
If you like punch art, mittens &/or penguins, then the Smitten Mitten Bundle is for you (bundles save you 10% too). Be sure to add it to your shopping bag today!
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
Looking for measurements?
- 144672 Many Mittens Framelits Dies (2017 Holiday Catalog)
- 146070 Bundle & Save 10% with Smitten Mittens Stamp Set
For more Framelit & Thinlit measurements, see my...
Designer Series Paper Sale – Buy 3, Get 1 Free
- October 1-31
- Buy 3 select Designer Series Papers and get a 4th one for FREE!
- Print: Buy 3, Get 1 Free Flyer
- Shop & Save on DSP here
FREE stamp set with Merry Patterns Promotion
- Ends: October 31st
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to the host promotion and will not be available after October 31
- Free with qualifying $300 order (before shipping and handling)
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards - yay!!!
- PRINT: Merry Patterns Flyer