We're getting our spooky on this week at DOstampingwithDawn, with Stampin' Up!'s Spooky Night Suite! It's filled with potions, pumpkins, witches' hats, cats and more for your Halloween parties, treats & more!
Today's project is a shaker card, inspired by the card sample featured on page 119 in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog (shown above). For my CASE (copy & share everyone), I reached for the Spooky Cat Bundle and Spooky Night Designer Series Paper to create a fun Halloween version both inside and out!
Spooky Cat Halloween Shaker Card
- Adhere 1" x 4-1/4" piece of Spooky Night Designer Series Paper to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Pumpkin Pie card base.
- Die cut 2-7/8" circle from card front (left side) with Layering Circle Framelit Dies.
- Place 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock underneath front of card (don't adhere). Using a pencil, lightly trace outline of circle through "window". This so you know where to stamp the following Spooky Cat stamp set images: rat image with Smoky Slate ink, bubbles with Smokey Slate & Pumpkin Pie. Then erase pencil mark.
- Assemble shaker as follows:
- Adhere 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Clear Window Sheet to back of card front with Fast Fuse.
- Use Foam Adhesive Strips around the window and edges
- Add Metallic Sequins. (note: I used about a 1/2" teaspoon and I think that may have been too much)
- Remove backing from Foam Adhesive Strips and adhere previously stamped panel (make sure it's upside down, so the stamping appears through to the front of the card)
- Wrap Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around card front and tie in a bow.
- Cut a black cat using the Cat Punch, adhere to card.
- Stamp greeting with black ink on 1/2" x 2-1/2" strip of Very Vanilla. Use Paper Snips to cut banner in each side. Adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals.
For inside panel:
- Stamp greeting with Pumpkin Pie ink, rat image with Smoky Slate ink on 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Very Vanilla cardstock
- Cut a black cat using the Cat Punch. Stamp face image with Whisper White Craft ink. Adhere to panel.
- Adhere completed panel to inside the card.
Oh my gosh...I crack myself up with the inside of this card - ha!! I get a kick at the way the cat is just staring you down, daring you to eat the "rat". I know my grandsons will love it!! What do you think?
I'm doing CASE the Catty with my friend, Dawn Thomas. Be sure to check out her adorable shaker card too!
If you like cats or if Halloween is your thing...the Spooky Cat Bundle (stamp set and Cat Punch) and coordinating Spooky Night Designer Series Paper will be just the thing for you! Add it to your shopping bag today!
Be sure to stop by all week long for more Spooky Night Suite Week inspiration!
- Shop with Dawn
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Dawn's Product Shares - Holiday Product Shares still available!
DOstamping Supplies (click on links below to shop online)
Designer Series Paper Sale – Buy 3, Get 1 Free
- October 1-31
- Buy 3 select Designer Series Papers and get a 4th one for FREE!
- Print: Buy 3, Get 1 Free Flyer
- Shop & Save on DSP here
Celebrate World Card Making Day
- October 1 – 10, 2017
- Save 15% off select stamp sets (many of which coordinate with the Designer Series Paper sale above)
- Note Card & Envelope (my personal favorites - I'll be stocking up!)
- Print: World Card Making Day Sale Flyer
- Shop & Save HERE
COMING SOON! Stampin’ Blends Markers
- Stampin’ Blends are artist-quality alcohol markers in 12 exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors.
- Demonstrators get to early-release pre-order (October 1-15)
- Customer launch date has not been announced yet.
DO YOU WANT THEM NOW?
- If you're someone who just cannot wait to get your hands on them, join my DOstamperSTARS family today!.
- You will be able to get your hands on the 26 Markers (with Color Lifter, Bronze and Ivory Markers), when you ADD the Stampin' Blends to your Starter Kit for only $99 (choose a total of up to $125 of products), plus free shipping (for another 10% savings)!
- NOTE: Only available to demonstrators (or new demonstrators) during the early release period of October 1-15.
Have a question? I'd be happy to give you more information. Email me. I look forward to welcoming you to the STARS family!