Paper Pumpkin: Easy Pining for Plaid 2, 4, 6, 8 Box & Card
November 06, 2017
Today I'm sharing two more Pining for Plaid, October Paper Pumpkin Alternative projects...a card and 2468 box.
The 2,4,6,8 box was the first box I learned how to make when I started crafting. It uses a half a sheet of cardstock and the card bases from the Pining For Plaid Paper Pumpkin kit are perfect! The card is a quick & cute card that uses the Everyday Label Punch. Learn how...
Pining for Plaid Card
- Trim down an envelope (from kit) to 5-1/2" x 3-3/4". Adhere to folded 4-1/4" x 11" Old Olive cardbase
- Stamp greeting on scrap of white with black ink and cut with Everyday Label Punch. Stamp greeting again on 3" x 1/4" piece of Old Olive (only the word "Christmas". Use scissors to "banner shape" ends. Adhere over white label with Stampin' Dimensions. The adhere to a Basic Black Everyday Label shape with Stampin' Dimensionals (turned in the opposite direction)
- Attach "loops" of Black Metallic Thread to back of label with Stampin' Dimensionals, then adhere to card front.
- Attach Black Rhinestone Jewels
2, 4, 6, 8 Box
- Important: before scoring a card base from the kit, on the inside of the card, write x's along the score line. You will not be folding on that line and the x's will be a good reminder. (as shown below)
- Score card base at 2", 4", 6" & 8". Turn and score at 2". Fold on all scored lines with the exception of the x'd line.
- Use a scissors to cut along the four score lines from the bottom edge up to the 2" score line (as shown below). NOTE: don't cut on the x'd out score line. Also - cut away the left small rectangle piece (as shown below)
- Add tear & tape to 1/2" left edge and first lower left bottom panel. Remove the backing.
- Fold box in half to adhere the taped edge to the other side of the box.
- Make into a box shape and fold bottom panels inward. The tape panel folds second to last. The last one will adhere to it. May need to put flat on a table and press with your fingers or bone folder to get a good seal.
- Fill box before proceeding
- Pinch sides together and use a 1/8" hole punch to create holes. Lace Silver Ribbon through holes, Mini Ornament & tag (1/2" x 2-1/2"), tie on a bow. Tuck Green Sprig under the ribbon.
These little 2 4,6, 8 boxes come together real quickly. Great for little gifts (candy, jewelry, etc). Nice for co-workers, friends & teachers!
Welcome to a Season of Style for Paper Pumpkin!
- To give you more of what you love, during October and November, we’ll be offering two straight months of perfectly coordinated Christmas cardmaking and gifting projects, for your holiday crafting needs.
- Two coordinating kits means that 1) you'll have everything you'll need to complete unique holiday cards and gifts, 2) you will have more creative options, and 3) you can get that handmade holiday touch without the fuss.
- Sign up by November 10th to the November Kit: https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=61500
When you subscribe with Dawn, you'll get a BONUS!
Join Paper Pumpkin with Dawn and....
- Receive a FREE BONUS PDF with 10-12 alternative ideas on how to use your Paper Pumpkin kit (each month you're a subscriber with me)
- In addition, I typically share more alternative ideas right here on my blog (like today).
- Be sure to check out my Paper Pumpkin Pinterest Board for LOTS of ideas!
- PLUS: If you're one of my DOstamperSTARS Team Members, you'll receive the BONUS PDF too, via our private blog (one of the many perks of being a member of my fabulous team!)
Subscribe here: http://bit.ly/DOstampingPaperPumpkin
Be sure to sign up for the next Paper Pumpkin by November 10th!
- Shop with Dawn
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Dawn's Product Shares
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIEW: Stampin' Up! Catalogs
SHOP: Clearance Rack
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Winter Wonder Texture Impressions Embossing Folder
November VIP Host Code = CSMGHEYU
(learn more here)