It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Product Spotlight" challenge.
True confession time...today was the first day I played with Embossing Paste. And guess what? I love it! I have to admit, I was a little afraid to play with it. I'm not that into "messy" techniques. Even though Embossing Paste is a bit messy, I prepared for it (see below for tips).
How'd She DO That tips for Beautiful Peacock Medallion Embossing Paste card:
- Stamps: Beautiful Peacock - Sale-a-Bration free with $50 order
- Whisper White Thick (11" x 4-1/4" card base)
- Whisper White (4" x 5-1/4", scraps for 2-3/8" & 1-3/8" circles - Stitched Shapes Framelits)
- Bermuda Bay (scraps for 2-1/2" & 1-1/2" scallop circles - Layering Circle Framelits)
- Ink: Lemon Lime Twist pad and refill, Bermuda Bay pad and refill
- Other: NEW Shimmery White Embossing Paste, Palette Knives, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Silicone Craft Sheet, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Fast Fuse & Stampin' Dimensionals
- Shopping Links: See below for a full supply list with links to shop online
Tips for working with Embossing Paste:
- Place a small amount of Embossing Paste on a Silicone Craft Sheet
- Add one small drop of ink refill and mix up with Palette Knives (add more ink refill if you want a more intense shade)
- Place Pattern Party Decorative Mask over 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White (secure a couple edges of the mask with washi tape so the mask doesn't shift on you.)
- Use Palette Knives to spread colored Embossing Pasted over negative spaces of the mask.
- When complete, remove mask and see your results.
- Let dry (dries fairly quickly)
- Be prepared to get messy!
- Keep paper towels nearby to clean as you go
- Have an aluminum foil pan ready with water to wash everything right away
- Have a towel ready at hand to dry everything.
- If you're ready for the mess, then everything will go smoothly
WATCH VIDEO by Stampin' Up!: Embossing Paste in Action
I know exactly who I'm going to send this card to. She has an affinity for peacocks and she'll love this card. Though, I may have to make another one, as I can't stop looking at it - it's SO pretty in real life! The photos don't do it justice (I think my camera was wrestling with the shimmer of the embossing paste).
If you enjoy stamping techniques like this, then you'll enjoy playing with Embossing Paste. We currently have three to choose from, as well as two Decorative Mask Sets::
- Embossing Paste 
- Shimmery White Embossing Paste 
- Silver Embossing Paste 
- Pattern Party Decorative Masks 
- Sweet Soirée Decorative Masks 
Add Embossing Paste supplies to your shopping bag today (see full supply list below)!
And don't forget...when you shop during Sale-a-Bration and your product totals $50 or more, you can choose a FREE Sale-a-Bration product (like the Beautiful Peacock) !
- Shop with Dawn
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team - free stamps during SAB
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
- Dawn's Product Shares - Occasions Reservation Round 2
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIEW: Stampin' Up! Catalogs
(New Occasions & Sale-a-Bration)
SHOP: Clearance Rack
Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
get two free stamp sets (any value) during Sale-a-Bration
Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber