Broadway Bound Suite Week Day #5: Make a Wish (Omitting Technique)
July 20, 2018
Welcome to Day #5 of my Broadway Bound Suite Week!
- We're ending this week with a card that showcases the fabulous marquee sign, from the Broadway Lights Framelits Dies.
- In addition, I'm using an oldie but goodie stamping trick called.omitting (more on that below).
How'd She DO That? tips Make a Wish Marquee card:
- Stamps: Broadway Birthday (or bundle with Broadway Lights Framelits to save 10%)
- Gray Granite (5-1/2" x 8-1/2" card base, scrap for die cutting)
- Whisper White (scrap for die cutting)
- Basic Black (scrap)
- Broadway Bound Specialty Designer Series Paper (4" x 5-1/4")
- Ink: Versa Mark, Tuxedo Black Memento, Lemon Lime Twist, Lovely Lipstick
- Heat Emboss: Stamp "wish" on white "sign" die cut with black ink, let dry. Then stamp "wish dots" with Versamark ink over it. Cover with Black Stampin' Emboss Powder. Remove excess and melt with Heat Tool.
- Other: Big Shot, Broadway Lights Framelits, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, Lemon Lime Twist 1/4" Ombre Ribbon, Black Mini Sequin Trim, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
I'm lovin' the way the marquee sign turned out! See my tips below:
- Using the Omitting Technique!
- The line under the "make a" image and the "I" in "WISH" image was omitted by covering them up with tape (narrow Washi Tape works great).
- Then ink up stamp
- Before stamping, remove tape (don't forget this step!)
- To mat the marquee shape so color will show through the "holes:
- trace die shape onto scrap of black, then hand cut.
- Use glue dots to adhere to marquee sign.
Well, that's it for Broadway Bound Suite Week! I hope you enjoyed the projects and learned a couple of tips/tricks along the way. Which project was your favorite this week?
- Did you miss any thing? To see all of the projects, click on Broadway Bound Suite Week
- For more inspiration, click on DOstamping Broadway Bound Suite Pinterest Board
This suite is SO much fun. You can add products to your shopping bag by clicking on the supply list below.
And when you do...I have another surprise for you!
I so appreciate you choosing me as your Stampin' Up! demonstrator, that I'd love to spoil you with a new ordering gift. See details below...
FREE Broadway Bound 10-Project Tutorial
- During July 2018, place an order of $40 or morre
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Broadway Bound Suite of products (pg 68-69 in the catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
- Shop with Dawn
- July VIP Host Code: TVV6THY4
- Dawn's Product Shares
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
Addtl Suite products
Addtl Suite products
Addtl Suite products
Get 50% Off Your First Month
Paper Pumpkin Blooming Savings:
- NEW month-to-month subscribers qualify for the 50% discount
- Subscribe here: https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=61500 and use the promotion code BLOOM0818
- Join by August 10, 2018 (11:50 PM (MT).
- The discount cannot be applied to prepaid codes.
- The 50% discount only applies to the new subscriber’s first kit shipped. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month (as a gift from me). The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 10-12 alternate ideas (photos and instruction) for additional projects you can make with each month's kit - making your kit go a lot further!
Subscribe here: https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=61500
promotion code: BLOOM0818 (ends 8/10)
Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper Sale
Print Flyer: Buy 3, Get 1 FREE
- Dates: July 1-31, 2018
- Only the Designer Series Papers listed in the flyer qualify for this promotion. You may mix and match papers from any of the listed papers.
- Shop & Save
Get a FREE Ink Pad Assortment with Starter Kit
The Stampin' Pad Family Promotion:
- Runs July 1 through July 31
- All new demonstrators can select a FREE assortment of Classic Stampin' Pads ($67.50 value) in addition to their Starter Kit!
- If you were waiting for the perfect time to join Stampin' Up!, that time has arrived.
Print: Stampin' Pad Family flyer
When you join my DOstamperSTARS Community in July, here's what you'll get...
- Choose $125 in merchandise (and only pay $99).
- PLUS an ink pad assortment (worth $67.50)
- FREE shipping saves 10%! (on both the kit and the ink pads)
- That's $103.00+ in savings!
Learn more HERE
Ready to join now? Click HERE
I look forward to welcoming you to my DOstamperSTARS community of stampers!
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIEW: NEW Stampin' Up! Catalog
Want a sampling? Check out my Annual Catalog Product Shares
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Climbing Vine Texture impressions Embossing Folder
July 2018 VIP Host Code = TVV6THY4
(learn more here)