It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "showCASE" challenge.
This sample from Stampin' Up!'s 2018-2019 Annual Catalog caught my eye right away. Love the colors and the layout. Though, I went a different direction with Christmas colors, as I chose to use the Stylish Christmas stamp set.
This Stylish Christmas stamp set caught my eye right away, as I love Poinsettias! I was excited to crack open the stamp set and put ink to it.
Plus I got to use the new Shaded Spruce ink pad. I was hesitant to use it as I thought it would be too dark. But as it turns out - I like it dark. Does that happen to you? You get something in your head that you think you might not like it and then you finally use it and you fall in love?
How'd She DO That? tips for Stylish Christmas card:
- Stamps: Stylish Crhistmas
- Real Red (8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card base)
- Whisper White (5-3/8" x 2-3/8", 1" x 3-1/2")
- Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper (4" x 1/2")
- Ink: Real Red, NEW Spruce Shade
- Other: Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (largest square), Whisper White Baker's Twine, Red Rhinestone Jewels & Stampin' Dimensionals
- Shopping Links: See below for a full supply list with links to shop online
For the showCASE project - I noticed some stitching at the top, which really caught my eye. As I don't own a sewing machine, I came up with an alternate way to add some stitching dimension - using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. I was pleased with the results!
To create a single "stitched" line"
- Align largest square die (Stitched Shapes Framlites) to meet the top of the 5-3/8" x 2-3/8" piece off Whisper White.
- ONLY run through the Big Shot so the top is "cut" and stop before it cuts the bottom of the die.
- Then run backwards to remove the die and viola - a stitched line!
This card came together nicely. I think I'll be doing a few of these for my holiday cards this year!
If you love poinsettias like I do, then you'll love the Styish Christmas stamp set. Get a head start on your holiday cards and add it to your shopping bag today.
- Shop with Dawn
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
- Dawn's Product Shares
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
COLOR YOUR SEASON Promotion
Color Your Season Details:
- Promotion Dates: August 1–31, 2018 (or while supplies last)
- The Color Your Season promotion includes
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set: an exclusive 10-piece stamp set with images for every season.
- Stitched Season Framelits Dies: a coordinating stitched dies that includes stitching on both the positive and negative images!
- Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors!
- Color Your Season items are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Print: Color Your Season Flyer
I'm excited that Stampin' Up! is offering BONUS DAYS again this year!.
Here’s the deal:
- For every $50 you spend August 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be used September 1–30, 2018.
- There is no limit to how many coupons you can earn, so shop all month-long!
- Print: Bonus Days flyer
- Learn more HERE
- Have you been wanting to do something for yourself lately?
- Why not start a brand new hobby . . . like papercrafting?
- We make it easy when you sign up for Paper Pumpkin, because we do the shopping, designing, and cutting for you.
Now’s the perfect time to let your inner artist bloom with 50% off your first kit during the Blooming Savings promotion. Your all-inclusive kit arrives with a stamp set, an ink spot, and exclusive cards and projects.
- Subscribe with code BLOOM0818 at https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=61500paperpumpkin.com by August 10
- Then share your easy-to-assemble creations with your friends.
- Not only will you develop a new skill, but you’ll also have an excuse to reach out to the people you love with something you made yourself.
When you subscribe with Dawn (that's me) - you'll receive additional BONUS project ideas each month!
Don't wait...become a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber today!
Shopping and Special Offer Links