DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge #302: Fall Winter Woods
October 17, 2018
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Home Sweet Home" challenge.
At least that's what I saw when working on this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge.
My husband had a birthday last week and this was the card I made for him. It wasn't exactly what I had in my head when I first started, but I think it turned out nicely. And more importantly, he really liked it. That's why we make cards, right?
How'd She DO That? tips for Fall Winter Woods card:
- Stamps: Winter Woods, Beautiful Day
- Whisper White Thick (8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card base)
- Whisper White (4" x 5-1/4")
- Early Espresso (2-3/8" x 4-1/4" for curved edgelit)
- Ink: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie
- Other: Big Shot, Into the Woods, Crumb Cake 3/8" Classic Weave Ribbon, Leaves Trinkets, Stamping Sponges, Glue Dots &SNAIL
- Tips: see below for Sponging Technique Tips
Dawn's Sponging Technique Tips:
- To get the ombre look, use Stamping Sponges
- Sponge on ink using a circular motion
- Start with the lightest color, working from the bottom to the top with the darkest color.
- I used Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and just a touch of Pumpkin Pie.
- I actually make a panel with Crajun Craze at the top, but it was too dark for my liking.
Even though the name of this stamp set/bundle is called Winter Woods, it makes fabulous fall card too - don't you think?! Add it to your shopping bag today - see shopping links below.
- Shop with Dawn
- October Host Code: WQH4CGMK
- Introducing: New Stamparatus Accessories
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
- Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
- Dawn's Product Shares
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
Looking for measurements?
- 147919 In the Woods Framelits Dies (2018 Holiday Catalog)
- Bundle & Save 10% with Winter Woods stamp set 149991(w) or 149992(c)
For more Framelit & Thinlit measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
FREE Tropical Escape Suite Tutorial PDF
I so appreciate you choosing me as your Stampin' Up! demonstrator, that I'd love to spoil you with an ordering gift. See details below...
FREE Tropical Escape Suite 10-Project Tutorial
- October 2018
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Tropical Escape Suite of products (pg 120-121 in the catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Introducing: New Stamparatus Accessories
NEW Stamparatus Accessories Details:
I'm so excited to announce that Stampin' Up! has added accessories for the Stamparatus. Now that these accessories are here, they aren’t going anywhere! They will be included in next year’s 2019-2020 annual catalog.
- Print: NEW Stamparatus Accessories PDF
- Small Grid Paper
- Stamparatus Plates
- Stamparatus Foam Mat
- Stamparatus Accessories Pack (includes all 3 products)
- Learn: How to use your Stamparaus
Shop: Stamparatus Products
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIEW: Stampin' Up! Catalogs
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Santa's Workshop Enamel Shapes
October 2018 VIP Host Code = WQH4CGMK
(learn more here)