A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop: To You and Yours Nov 2018 Holiday Acetate Gift Box
November 29, 2018
Welcome to the A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!
I'm excited to join this talented group of stampers to share alternate ideas for Paper Pumpkin Kits. Today we're sharing the November 2018 Paper Pumpkin Kit - To You and Yours.
The Holiday Paper Pumpkin kit always one of my favorites that I look forward to receiving and this year's "To You and Yours" didn't disappoint. I'm sharing a quick & cute Holiday Acetate Gift Box.
On Tuesday, my Stamping Club Members made this box using the Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper and thought that it might look nice with this month's Paper Pumpkin kit. Again, I started with the patterned paper on the inside of the envelope (my favorite!) See the instructions below...
How'd She DO That? Holiday Acetate Gift Box:
- Cut an Acetate Card Box in half at 4" (this will make two boxes).
- Create Insert using a card base from the kit.
- Cut a 5-5/8" x 2-7/8" piece (don't worry where the score line lands).
- With 5-5/8" side against straight edge of trimmer, score at 3-1/4", 3-7/8" and 4-1/2".
- Ignoring the original score line - fold on score lines and insert into box
- Create cover using an envelope from the kit.
- Cut a 4-3/8" x 5" patterned piece.
- With 5" side against straight edge of trimmer, score at 3" x 3-5/8".
- Fold on score lines and insert into box.
- TIP: I like to tuck the back piece to rest between the box and the closed lid. Or you can put a couple glue dots on the back as well.
- Wrap completed box with twine from kit and tie in a bow - position it at the lower front of the box. Put one dimensional over the twine near the bottom of the fold-over flap.
- Stamp greeting on a label from the kit. Adhere one leaf to back, then adhere to fold-over flap with two dimensionals (one in each upper corner).
- Cut two 3" x 6" pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock. Fold in half.
- Stampin greeting. Stamp leaves with Garden Green ink (one stamped-off)
- Add sequin from kit.
- Use as gift card or tags.
Candy Bar Wrap (a small Hershey's Chocolate Bar). :
- You should have a scrap leftover from the card base. Cut down to 2-7/8" x 2-1/2".
- Wrap tightly around the card, "creasing the edges" as you go around.
- Adhere ends together on the back with glue dots.
I hope you enjoyed this fun Holiday Acetate Gift Box. They make for great last minute gifts or for co-workers, teachers, etc.
Next stop on our blog hop is Candy Ford. See the full list below.
- Shop with Dawn
- Nov Host Code:: 4YZNMYVJ
- Nov Host Code Gift: Swirls & Curls Texture Folder (w/$65 order)
- Nov Ordering Gift: Tranquil Textures Suite Tutorial PDF
- Nov Snowflake Showcase exclusive products
- Snowflake Showcase Tutorial PDF (see below)
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
Check out the rest of this month's blog hop...
DOstamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online)
FREE Tranquil Textures Suite Tutorial PDF
I so appreciate you choosing me as your Stampin' Up! demonstrator, that I'd love to spoil you with an ordering gift. See details below...
FREE Tranquil Textures Suite 10-Project Tutorial
- November 2018
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Tranquil Textures Suite of products (pg 154-155 Annual Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Snowflake Showcase Promotion
Snowflake Showcase ends 11/30
Print: Snowflake Showcase PDF Flyer
In addition, you'll receive this offer from DOstamping (Dawn Olchefske)
- When you order $60 or more...
- You'll receive a FREE 12-project Snowflake Showcase Tutorial PDF
- Tutorials will includes ideas using both stamp sets
Shop: Snowflake Showcase Exclusive Products
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Swirls & Curls Textured Impressions Embossing folder
November 2018 VIP Host Code = 4YZNMYVJ
(learn more here)