What can I say...I'll definitely be missing the Lovely as a Tree when it officially retires June 3rd.
Did you know...it is 18 years old? The longest running stamp set. It's timeless tree images will fill any landscape and keep you in tune with nature. They're great for watercoloring, stamping techniques and more.
Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set
As I take a stroll down memory lane, I'm reminded of how I developed as a stamper, card maker, photographer, as well as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. We all start at the beginning, but we don't always realized how far we've come.
Lovely as a Tree Painters Tape Stamping VIDEO
Lovely as a Tree Reflection Technique VIDEO
Lovely as a Tree Northern Lights Stamping Technique
Lovely as a Tree - Clear Block Shadow Background Technique
Lovely as a Tree Embossed Resist Glitter:
TIPS before starting:
- Mix Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter together to get a glittery embossing powder.
- Create "masking template":
- Temporarily adhere a 2-3/8" x 4" piece of scrap cardstock in the very center of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of scrap cardstock (I used crumb cake).
- Trace around it, then remove it. Use the tracing lines to cut out the center of the cardstock.
- Now the crumb cake piece will have a "window" for you to use for stamping and sponging.
Lovely as a Tree - Versamark Resist
Tips for best results:
- Use Glossy Paper (retiring)
- Stamp images with Versamark Ink.
- Brayer or sponge ink over entire piece of stamped glossy paper. Versamark stamped images will resist the ink.
- Optional: add additional stamped images with another color.
Last, but not least, here's a Lovely as a Tree blast from the past (2005). Not only does this card remind me of my earlier days, but reminds of where I started with my stamping, as I had only been stamping for a couple of years by then.
This card was created prior to starting my blog. At the time, I was sharing my creations on the Splitcoaststampers online community. I actually used a scanner to "capture" my cards and then uploaded them to the community. I've come a long way since then. To a camera, then added a photo tent, then upgraded my camera and now use my phone.
Lovely as a Tree - Multicolored Heat Embossing
- Stamp tree with Versamark ink.
- Then sprinkle various colors of embossing powders in specific areas. Just take a pinch for each area.
- When removing the excess - don't put it back in the embossing powder jars, as all of the colors will be mixed together.
- Melt with heat tool and watch your creation come to life!
If you do own the Lovely as a Tree stamp set, I hope you enjoy this retirement showcase.
If you don't have the Lovely as a Tree stamp set, you'll want to get it now, before it's gone. As you can see from above, there is so much you can do with it!
Get Your Last Chance Products!
Shop the RETIRE LIST
- All retiring items are only available while supplies last and will be discontinued after June 3.
- Due to high demand for retiring stamp sets, these items will have guaranteed availability until May 24;
Be sure to shop the RETIRE LIST early
so you don't miss out on your favorites
FREE Happiness Blooms Tutorial PDF
FREE Happiness Blooms 10-Project Tutorial
- May 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Happiness Blooms Suite of products (pg 24-25 Occasions Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIP Host Code Gift
- (with qualifying order)
Enamel Glitter Dots
May 2019 VIP Host Code = JB76DPSK
(learn more here)