Welcome to A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!
I'm excited to join in with this talented group of stampers to share alternate ideas for Paper Pumpkin Kits. Today we're sharing the April 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit - Sentimental Rose.
This month's kit is gorgeous! I'm enjoying playing with it.
Today I'm sharing two cards, one for Mom and one for Dad. That's right, with the black and yellow tones, my mind went to a masculine card. Check them out...
How'd She DO That? Happy Mother's Day card
For this card, I used only the elements from the kit, just in a different way. I really wanted to bring focus to the beautiful Distinkive floral image, which is stamped on a 2-1/2" white square panel. Then mounted to the large corrugated piece that was trimmed down to a 2-7/8" square. Add the twine, greeting and enamel dot...and voila! A cute and quick card came together just like that.
How'd She DO That? For You card
After cutting apart some of the card bases in my kit, my eye was drawn to the black and yellow shades. Which screamed "masculine" to me.
- Cut a 1" x 1-1/8" piece from each of the three card base patterns.
- Adhere them to a 3-1/4" Whisper White square. Then adhere to a 3-1/2" So Saffron square.
- Stamp greeting on yellow banner with black ink. Trim the ends off, then adhere them under the greeting to create a dimensional banner.
- Tie a piece of Black/Silver 1/4" Striped Metallic Ribbon on to a Classic Garage Metal Element.
- Adhere to folded 8-1/2" x 4-1/4" Basic Black card base.
I hope you enjoyed these ideas. The next stop on our blog hop is Tracy Elsom. See the full list below.
- Shop with Dawn
- Shop Last Chance List
- NEW Storage by Stampin' Up!
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online):
Exciting news for May Paper Pumpkin...Shelli designed the kit! I always look forward to when Sara or Shelli design a kit, as I know I'm gonna love it. And by the look of the cute flowers on the box, I'm pretty sure Shelli's kit will be fabulous!
- Subscribe by May 10 to get Shelli's Kit
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further!
Subscribe by the 10th of the month: