The DOstamperSTARS are excited to bring you another Inspiration Hop #DOswts312. This week we're having fun with Recessed Panel cards!
I've seen Recessed Panel cards around for years, but have never made one. If you search for them, you'll find samples of horizontal, vertical and diagonal versions. I chose the diagonal version, as I like the visual interest. I got out the Needlepoint Nook Suite of products and started to play!
DOstamping Needlepoint Recessed card supplies:
- Whisper White Thick (11" x 4-1/4" card base)
- Whisper White (5-1/2" x 4-1/4" and scrap for punch)
- Old Olive (5-1/2" x 4-1/4")
- Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper (3" x 6")
- Rich Razzleberry (scrap for punch)
How'd She DO That? Recessed Panel Instructions:
- On folded card base, adhere Designer Series Paper at a diagonal. Align it at the bottom right corner, then align the opposite corner with the left edge of the card - see above. (You could use a full panel of Designer Series Paper. However, if you want your DSP to go farther, use a 3" x 6" piece.)
- Cut both white and olive 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" panels at the same time.
- Near the top left side, make a mark at 3/4" & 1-1/8". On the right side, make a mark at 3" down from the top.
- For top "half" - start at 3/4" mark on the left edge and cut diagonally over to 3" mark on the right edge. Trim off 1/8" from top edge of white panel.
- For bottom "half" - start at 1-1/8" mark on the left edge and cut diagonally down to the bottom right corner of the panels. Trim off 1/8" from bottom edge of white panel.
- Adhere white and olive panels together
- Optional: before adhering cut panels to card, add texture.
- Adhere panels to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Decorate as desired
Take a Closer Look:
- Look at all of the fun "stitching" on the lower panel and the greeting label. I was giddy to discover how fabulous it looks. Both are from the Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies.
- The Pretty Label Punch is perfect to cut the greeting label.
- The finishing touch is the Needlepoint Nook Mini Buttons and Old Olive Linen Thread.
Not sure why I waited so long to make a Recessed Panel card, it was fun to make. Whether you make your panel vertical, horizontal or diagonal (like mine), I'm sure you'll have fun too! Give it a try.
- Shop with Dawn
- NEW Storage by Stampin' Up!
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get 8 alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see the list of all of this week's participants.
(Also, be sure to check out #DOswtw312 on Facebook where more STARS are sharing their creations this weekend).
DOstamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online)
Looking for Framelit Measurements?
- #148541 Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies (2019 Occasions)
- Bundle and Save 10% with Needle & Thread Stamp Set
For more Framelit & Thinlit measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
Introducing...Storage by Stampin' Up!
SHOP: Storage by Stampin' Up!
Whether you have an entire room or a small corner in your home for stamping, your creative space should be tailored to you. Our new product line, Storage by Stampin’ Up!, provides you with modular storage solutions that let you organize—and customize—your space your way!
- PRINT: Storage by Stampin' Up! Flyer
- PRINT: Configuration & Planning Chart
- PRINT: Storage by Stampin' Up! Q & A
Inventory Disclaimer: Because Storage by Stampin’ Up! is a brand-new product line, our inventory levels for this initial launch are based on research of similar products and their existing demand. If our inventory of Storage by Stampin’ Up! products is depleted, we will turn items off until their inventories have been replenished.
SHOP: Storage by Stampin' Up!
FREE Gingham Gala Tutorial PDF
FREE Gingham Suite 8-Project Tutorial
- April 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Gingham Gala Suite of products (pg 34-35 Occasions Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)