Welcome to A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!
I'm excited to join in with this talented group of stampers to share alternate ideas for Paper Pumpkin Kits. Today we're sharing the May 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit - Hugs From Shelli.
This month's kit is almost like a little sneak peek of the Bird Ballad Suite coming June 4th!
I'm enjoying playing with the Hugs From Shelli kit and have a few projects to share with you. Today I'm sharing two styles of cards, in two different colors. Check them out...
First up are a couple of Quick & Cute Panel cards made by cutting the card bases from the kit in half (7" x 2-1/2"). This doubles the number of cards you can get out of each card base...cool, huh?
How'd She DO That? Grateful Panel cards
- Petal Pink/Pool Party (4" x 5-1/2" panel)
- Crumb Cake/Very Vanilla (2-3/4" x 3-3/4" - to mat "half card base")
- Ink: Versamark and Early Espresso Stampin' Spot from kit
Use Versamark ink to stamp flowers in upper left and lower right corners.
Panel cards are great for when you need to send a quick little thank you note.
If you're a follower of my blog, you probably know that I enjoy creating 9-square cards. And this month's kit was perfect for that style of card because it included printed envelopes. I love it when there is printed envelopes in a Paper Pumpkin kit, as it gives even more options for creating alternate ideas!
In a nutshell...you'll need (9) 1" squares of 3 different patterns.
- For the blue card, I used the two blue envelope styles and a card base too.
- For the pink card, I used the two pink envelope styles (front & back).
How'd She DO That? 9-Square Card
- Arrange (9) 1" squares on a 3-1/4" square of Very Vanilla, then adhere in place.
- Adhere complete square onto 3-1/2" square of Crumb Cake.
- Then adhere to folded 11" x 4-1/4" card base (Pretty Peacock - coming June 4, and Petal Pink)
- Stamp greeting near upper half of 1-1/2" circle of Crumb Cake, adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals, on lower half. (Pretty Peacock ink - coming June 4, and Early Espresso Stampin' Spot from kit)
- Decorate with flowers & twine from kit (adhere with glue dots), and Metallic Pearls.
When you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further!
Subscribe by the 10th of the month:
I hope you enjoyed these ideas. The next stop on our blog hop is Kimberly Morris. See the full list below.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online):
Get Your Last Chance Products!
Shop the RETIRE LIST
- All retiring items are only available while supplies last and will be discontinued after June 3.
- Due to high demand for retiring stamp sets, these items will have guaranteed availability until May 24;
NEW - DISCOUNTS on some of the Last Chance items
Be sure to shop the RETIRE LIST early
so you don't miss out on your favorites
FREE Happiness Blooms Tutorial PDF
FREE Happiness Blooms 10-Project Tutorial
- May 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Happiness Blooms Suite of products (pg 24-25 Occasions Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIP Host Code Gift
- (with qualifying order)
Enamel Glitter Dots
May 2019 VIP Host Code = JB76DPSK
(learn more here)