The DOstamperSTARS are excited to bring you another Inspiration Hop #DOswts314. This week we're showcasing Collar Fun Fold cards!
I knew right away I would be using the Everything is Rosy Product Medley for today's challenge.
Immediately I was drawn to the light pink paper with small flower bunches. It reminded of the dresses I used to put my daughters in when they were little. I thought it might be fun to decorate the collar area to give the impression of a dress.
How'd She DO That? Everything is Rosy Collar Fun Fold card:
- Product Medley: Everything is Rosy (stamp set, dies, DSP, mirror embellishments)
- Balmy Blue (8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card base)
- Whisper White (scraps for stamping & die cutting)
- Designer Series Paper (4" x 5-1/4")
- Ink: Night of Navy, Melon Mambo
- Other: Big Shot, Pearlized Doilies & Stampin' Dimensionals
Collar Fun Fold Tips:
- At the middle of a long edge of 4" x 5-1/4" DSP, use scissors to cut in towards center about 2" (experiment on scrap paper as needed)
- Fold each side away from the cut edge. I kept about a 3/4" edge at the top of each side (again, experiment as needed)
- Adhere to folded card base, and stamp greeting.
- Cut a doily in half, adhere under each "flap". Then adhere each flap down with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- Decorate with flower die cuts
- On Whisper White cardstock, stamp large flower with Melon Mambo and large leaf with Night of Navy.
- Ink smaller flower with Melon Mambo, stamp off on scratch paper, then onto Whisper White. Repeat. Stamp small dots with Night of Night.
- Die cut all images with matching shapes.
- Arrange around collar and adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals and glue dots.
- Finish off with mirror embellishment
I had so much fun with the Collar Fun Fold. I know I'll be trying it again. Have fun creating your own Collar Fun Fold cards and playing with the Everything is Rosy Product Medley!
- Shop with Dawn
- Everything Is Rosy Product Medley - while supplies last
- Shop Last Chance Products
- Storage by Stampin' Up!
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get 8 alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Stampin' Up! Framelit Measurements Page
- Taking 2019-2020 Annual Catalog Product Share Reservations NOW
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
(Also, be sure to check out #DOswtw314 on Facebook where more STARS are sharing their creations this weekend).
DOstamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online)
Get Your Last Chance Products!
- PRINT: 2019 Occasions & Annual Catalog Retired List PDF
- PRINT: Carryover Stamp Sets Transitioning to Cling PDF
- All retiring items are only available while supplies last and will be discontinued after June 3.
- Due to high demand for retiring stamp sets, these items will have guaranteed availability until May 24;
Be sure to shop the RETIRE LIST early
so you don't miss out on your favorites
FREE Happiness Blooms Tutorial PDF
FREE Happiness Blooms 10-Project Tutorial
- May 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Happiness Blooms Suite of products (pg 24-25 Occasions Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)