Welcome to A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!
I'm excited to join in with this talented group of stampers to share alternate ideas for Paper Pumpkin Kits. Today we're sharing the June 2019 Paper Pumpkin Kit - A Little Smile.
151768 A Little Smile Refill Kit* - June 2019
This kit contains supplies for 16 cards and 16 envelopes and includes:
- 16 card bases
- 16 printed envelopes
- 17 vellum die-cut pieces
- 1 sheet laser-cut glimmer elements
- 2 sheets laser-cut elements
- 2 sheets die-cut elements
- 2 sheets die-cut labels
- 1 polypropylene storage envelope
- 6 yds. linen thread
- 250 adhesive dots
- * Must be a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber to order this item.
Coordinating Stampin' Up! Colors: Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and also Pool Party & Pear Pizzazz
I have a couple of quick & cute cards for you today.
If you already have this kit, you'll have found the cards/envelopes are business card sized. Great for keeping in your purse (which is what the storage bag is for), or using for a gift cards, etc.
However, for everyday card making/sending, you may find them too small. No problem, Stampin' Up! Note Cards & Envelopes to the rescue.
First up is one of my favorite alternate designs I like to do with Paper Pumpkin kits. It's kinda two cards coming together to make one card (so worth it!)
You'll need one of the "mini cards" from the kit and one Note Card & Envelope (5" x 3-1/2"). I don't have a name for this style of card, but had a few suggestions...ie: Dawn's Delight or Flip Flap card. After making one - you decide (and let me know what you think).
How'd She DO That? Flip Flap Note Card
- Decorate a mini card from the kit and fold in half
- Trim off 1" from front panel of a Whisper White Note Card...along the 5" edge
- Wrap mini card around Note Card (mini card will open from the left, note card will open from the right)
- Adhere back side of mini card to back side of note card.
- Adhere 4-1/4" x 2-3/4" piece of Pool Party cardstock to inside of card (optional, but I liked the added dimension it gave the card)
- Stamp envelope using Crumb Cake ink
This view gives you a peak on how it opens.
Here it is fully open.
Next up is also an easy alternate card, using a full-size 5-1/4" x 4-1/4" card.
I have my friend, Julie Davison to thank for the inspiration for this card. She shared a similar style card using last month's Paper Pumpkin, and I thought it was a brilliant idea. I promised myself I'd give it a try with our next Paper Pumpkin kit that had small cards.
How'd She DO That? Beach Card
- Do not fold the card base from the kit...keep it flat and use as a full panel for a regular 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card
- Decorate with die cuts from kit - near the center of the panel (this will hide the score line)
- Adhere to 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" piece of Pool Party cardstock.
- Then adhere to folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Crumb Cake card base.
- Stamp envelope using Crumb Cake ink and Coastal Cabana from kit (sand dollar was stamped off)
So...what do you think? Fun and EASY cards that you can mail - yay!
When you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further!
Subscribe by the 10th of the month:
I hope you enjoyed these ideas. The next stop on our blog hop is my funny friend, Kelly Acheson. See the full list below.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products to shop online):
FREE Magnolia Lane Suite Tutorial PDF
FREE Magnolia Lane Suite Project Tutorial
- June 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Magnolia Lane Suite of products (pg 36-38 Annual Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Paper Pumpkin - Coming in JULY
Providing an easy path to creativity is what Paper Pumpkin does best!
Sometimes we kick things up a notch to maximize a kit’s potential. After all, everyone wants to make as many cute things as possible with their super-fun Paper Pumpkin kit. Right?
July's Paper Pumpkin kit is providing unprecedented catalog coordination:
- Giving you THREE new suites that you can mix and match with the kit
- Combine these suites with July's kit and you can expand your crafting experience.
Coordinating Suites = SO many fun projects
- Woven Threads Suite p. 13–14 (view HERE)
- Garden Lane Suite p. 40–41 (view HERE)
- Come Sail Away Suite p. 144–145 (view HERE)
More details about July's "On My Mind" Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Makes 9 mailable cards with envelopes (3 each of 3 designs)
- Coordinating colors: Gold, Kraft, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty Peacock, Sahara Sand, Seaside Spray, and Terracotta Tile
- Must have an active subscription by July 10, 2019 to receive the On My Mind kit.
- Product availability may be limited toward the end of the promotion period.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month:
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIP Host Code Gift
- (with qualifying order)
Flower Faceted Gems
June 2019 VIP Host Code = 23Q3NUP4
(learn more here)