Pop of Petals Wreath Panel Card
June 13, 2019
Often I get asked where I get my inspiration from. There are several answers to that question. However for today's Pop of Petals Wreath Panel card, the inspiration came directly from Stampin' Up!.
Four times a year, Stampin' Up! demonstrators receive a Stampin' Success magazine filled with creative and business inspiration. I fold over the corners of the pages that inspire me and CASE those projects for my classes and clubs. Why not, right? I appreciate that Stampin' Up! provides samples for us to copy. Just a little something to make my "job" easier.
Today's card is an example of a Stampin' Success project, that I used for my Stamping Club Class last month. I left most everything the same with the exception of the greeting. Other changes I made, the white piece opens (like a "mini card"), with a 1/4 sheet card base panel. (Yes - I like panel cards!)
How'd She DO That? tips for Pop of Petals Wreath Panel card:
- Stamps: Pop of Petals, Itty Bitty Birthdays
- Soft Sea Foam (4-1/4 x 5-1/2" card base and 5/8" x 4" sentiment)
- Whisper White (3-1/2" x 5-1/2" score at 4-1/4", and 4-1/2" x 1-1/2" for border punch)
- Petal Pink (scraps for flowers)
- Ink: Soft Sea Foam, Mossy Meadow, Petal Pink
- Other: 4-Petal Flower Punch, 2-1/4" Circle Punch (for wreath template), Gold Faceted Gems, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, & Stampin' Dimensionals
- On 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Soft Sea Foam - stamp "flower group" with same ink in upper left and lower right corners
- Fold 3-1/2" x 8-1/2" Whisper White cardstock in half (to create a mini card)
- Creating the stamped wreath:
- Cut a circle template with 2-1/4" Circle Punch.
- Place on front of folded "mini card" and use a pencil to draw around the circle.
- Stamp leaf image around circle with Mossy Meadow ink (the line will be the center of the leaf). Stamp one leaf, then before reinking, stamp again (moving around the circle).
- Repeat until the wreath is complete.
- Cut 1-1/2" x 4-1/2" strip of Whisper White with Decorative Ribbon Border Punch and adhere to back of folded white piece. Then adhere stamped mini card to stamped Soft Sea Foam panel.
- Stamp greeting on 4" x 5-/8" strip (towards right edge), and adhere over wreath.
- Stamp (3) flowers on Petal Pink scrap with Petal Pink ink. Cut out with Four-Petal Flower Punch. Adhere to card with Glue Dots. Attach Gold Faceted Gems to flower centers.
- Tie (2) 10" lengths of twine in a bow, adhere with a Glue Dot
I'm lovin' that the Pop of Petals stamp set is for more than just flowers. Anything that can make a wreath, I'm all for!!
When you purchase this stamp set, be sure to add the matching punch to your shopping bag too!
- Shop with Dawn
- JUNE Host Code: 23Q3NUP4
- JUNE Host Code Gift: Flower Faceted Gems (w/$65 order)
- JUNE Ordering Gift: Magnolia Lane Suite Tutorial PDF
- Shop: Bundles| Shop: Product Suites
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get 8 alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Taking 2019-2020 Annual Catalog Product Share Reservations NOW
DOstamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online)
FREE Magnolia Lane Suite Tutorial PDF
FREE Magnolia Lane Suite Project Tutorial
- June 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Magnolia Lane Suite of products (pg 36-38 Annual Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Flower Faceted Gems
June 2019 VIP Host Code = 23Q3NUP4
(learn more here)