Stamping with the STARS #317: Wild Rose Floating Frame Inspiration
June 22, 2019
The DOstamperSTARS are excited to bring you another Inspiration Hop #DOswts317. This week we're showcasing Floating Frame cards.
The Floating Frame Technique has been floating around the internet lately and the STARS thought we should give it a try. I've seen a couple different ways of doing it. For my cards today, I used Glad Press'n Seal.
How'd She DO That? Wild Rose Floating Frame card:
- Bundle: To a Wild Rose stamp set with Wild Rose Dies
- Basic Black (5-1/2" x 8-1/2" card base)
- Whisper White (two of 4" x 5-1/2" (one for inside), and scrap for greeting die)
- Whisper White (full sheet for flowers and leaves)
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Mango Melody, Calypso Coral & Granny Apple Green
- Other: Rectangle Stitched Dies, Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamping Tips: Stamp outline image first, then stamp "solid" image by stamping off first. Then "detailed" image by stamping off first too. I did this for both the flowers and leaves
DOstamping Floating Frame Instructions:
- Stamp several flowers and leaves (To a Wild Rose)
- Die cut with matching dies (Wild Rose)
- Arrange (but do not adhere) on 5-1/2" x 4" piece of Whisper White
- Cover with a piece of Press'n Seal, to keep everything in place. Smooth over lightly, but be sure to press down firmly over any "empty areas" (this will help to make sure everything stays together for the next steps)
- Trim off overhanging edges, THEN REMOVE Whisper White panel (save)
- Die cut opening with Stitched Rectangle Die (2-9/16"x 4")
- Flip over and add a lot of Stampin' Dimensionals & Mini Stampin' Dimensionals (I used edges too).
- Adhere "frame" to saved Whisper White panel, then to folded card. Remove Press'n Seal.
- Stamp sentiment.
Save the center piece to create another card
- Adhere to 3-3/8" x 4-3/8" Basic Black Stitched Rectangle
- Adhere to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" folded So Saffron card base.
- Sentiment strip measures 5/8" x 4-1/4"
This is one of those kind of card techniques that takes a little extra time, but it's worth it. Especially since it will create two cards!
Last note: I'm completely in LOVE with our new dies. Why? Because the die shapes perfectly line up with the stamped image, yet there still is a little white space surrounding the shape after cutting. It's a perfect cut each time!!
Get the To a Wild Rose Bundle today - you'll love it!
- Shop with Dawn
- JUNE Host Code: 23Q3NUP4
- JUNE Host Code Gift: Flower Faceted Gems (w/$65 order)
- JUNE Ordering Gift: Magnolia Lane Suite Tutorial PDF
- Shop: Bundles| Shop: Product Suites
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online)
Looking for Die Measurements?
For more Die measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Flower Faceted Gems
June 2019 VIP Host Code = 23Q3NUP4
(learn more here)