Vintage Style Daisy Lane Card & 3 Ways to Sponge
June 28, 2019
Last weekend we spent an extended weekend at our cabin. It was nice and peaceful, which gave me time to stamp for fun.
One of the stamp sets I brought with me as the NEW Daisy Lane stamp set. Also available in a Bundle & Save 10% with the NEW Medium Daisy Punch. This was one of the projects I came up with...
For this card, I kinda went "old school" and reached for my Stamping Sponges, which I haven't done in a long time. It actually brought back memories from when I first began stamping. Sponging was all the rage!
DOstamping Vintage Daisy Lane card:
- Stamps/Bundles: Daisy Lane
- Sahara Sand (11" x 4-1/4" card base, scrap for "tag")
- Whisper White (4" x 5-1/4")
- Old Olive (scrap for 3-1/8" x 1-13/16" rectangle)
- Crushed Curry (scraps for daisies)
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Old Olive
- Other: Stamping Sponges, Timeless Label Punch, Linen Thread, SNAIL, Glue Dots, & Stampin' Dimensionals
- Shopping List: see below
How'd She DO That? tips:
Direct to Paper Technique:
- On Whisper White panel, swipe Sahara Sand ink using Direct to Paper technique. Drag ink pad across cardstock.
- I did the top half in one direction and the bottom half in the other direction
- TIP: depending on how firmly you press on to the cardstock will determine how dark the ink will transfer. I prefer a light to medium "press" (you can always add more if you want).
Three Ways to Sponge:
- For the "swiped" panel, first stamp multiple leaves with Old Olive ink, stamp a couple times before re-inking again. Then sponge the edges using a "circular" motion. Start off the cardstock (on scratch paper), moving onto the edges of the panel. Repeat on all four sides. Repeat again for a darker edge (the photo shows a darker edge)
- For the Old Olive Rectangle, I used a "flicking motion". Hold the cardstock in one hand and the sponge in the other. Press sponge onto ink pad, then "flick" the sponge against the edges of the cardstock.
- For the Daisy pieces:
- Cut 4 flowers using the Medium Daisy Punch (you'll need 2 flowers for each full flower)
- The flowers I pounced ink in the center, carefully moving outwards a little bit. Then "flick" the tip of the petals. NOTE: you'll need to flower punch outs for each flower.
- The flower center is stamped stamped tone-on-tone (Sahara Sand) using the large daisy image. Sponge the center, then fussy cut out (or use 1/2" circle punch. Then "flicked" the edges.
Transform Timeless Label punch out into a tag by trimming off one end. I see myself using this "trick" a lot in the future!
I have to admit, this was not the card I started out to create. But as I only brought limited supplies with me, it forced me to go in a different direction. In the end, I was more than pleased with the finished card. What do you think?
So...you may have noticed over the past few weeks, I seem to have a new "favorite" stamp set each week.
This week, my favorite is the Daisy Lane Bundle (151118 - save 10%)
- It's easy to show your friends & family how much you love and support them with a stunning daisy card, like today's card.
- And...the Medium Daisy Punch is a fun way to add daisies to your projects (size is approximately 1-5/8")
You'll definitely want to add the Daisy Lane Bundle to your shopping bag today! And while there, be sure to stop by the Clearance Rack, as it's been refreshed with new deals!
- Shop with Dawn
- JUNE Host Code: 23Q3NUP4
- JUNE Host Code Gift: Flower Faceted Gems (w/$65 order)
- JUNE Ordering Gift: Magnolia Lane Suite Tutorial PDF
- Shop: Bundles| Shop: Product Suites
- Clearance Rack has been update - check out the new deals!
- Storage by Stampin' Up! - back in stock
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get 8 alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
DOstamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online)
FREE Magnolia Lane Suite Tutorial PDF - ends June 30
FREE Magnolia Lane Suite Project Tutorial
- June 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Magnolia Lane Suite of products (pg 36-38 Annual Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Flower Faceted Gems
June 2019 VIP Host Code = 23Q3NUP4
(learn more here)