On My Mind Paper Pumpkin: Ideas for Woven Threads
August 06, 2019
Today, I have a guest stamper for you...my grandson, Max!
It's August and summertime is in full swing here in MN...hot & humid. That's when we head to cabin for some 4-day weekends to relax and take a break from the heat. And there is something I always bring with me...Paper Pumpkin!
For me, Paper Pumpkin is even better when I craft with my grandsons. Max is still interested in crafting, so he joined me! Now that he's 12 and quite familiar with Paper Pumpkin, I just hand him the box and away he goes.
I really enjoy watching him create. Even more fun, is when we banter back and forth on ideas.
- ME: I was thinking of using this panel as is, and not punching out the pieces. What do you think?
- MAX: That's a good idea Umma. What if I do that, but instead punch out the pieces, then put them back in and pop them up?
- ME: That's a great idea Max, go for it!
It turned out great, don't you think?
Now it's my turn. Here's my last two alternate ideas for the On My Mind Paper Pumpkin kit to share with you.
How'd She DO That? You've Been On My Mind card
- Trim out a 4" x 5-1/4" piece from the printed envelope, and adhere to 4-1/4" x 11" Sahara Sand folded card base.
- Cut pieces from kit into shorter "banner" pieces and adhere behind stamped label sentiment.
- Slip on paper clip & twine to label. Then adhere with dimensionals.
- Attach adhesive sequin.
How'd She DO That? You're the Best Fun Fold card
- Cut 5-1/2" x 7-1/2" piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock. Score and fold at 3-1/4".
- Stamp medallion image on smaller front piece.
- Adhere 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White panel to inside of card.
- Score and fold printed panel (from kit) at 3". Adhere smaller section to back of card, and fold larger section over the front of the card.
- Stamp greeting banner and adhere.
- Adhere 1-1/4" square of Calypso Coral cardstock behind banner and front fold (see photo below)
- Wrap twine around smaller folded panel and tie in a knot.
- Attach adhesive sequins to center of stamped medallions.
Looking for more Paper Pumpkin - On My Mind inspiration? Be sure to check out:
- 3 alternate ideas using Garden Lane inspiration
- 2 alternate ideas using Come Sail Away inspiration
- Plus: LOTS of ideas in my Paper Pumpkin Pinterest Board
Paper Pumpkin - Coming in August
This fall, you’re going to need autumn-themed crafting projects—for teachers, for Thanksgiving . . . or just because.
- Our August Paper Pumpkin kit gives you a fun, fall-themed crafting experience with our intensely-hued treat bags that mirror the splendor of autumn.
- But there’s more! You can change up the treat bags and turn them into cards with our exclusive, elegant add-on bundle.
- For more information, see below.
Here's the details for the Gift of Fall Add-On Bundle - now available to purchase:
- 152885 Gift of Fall Add-On Bundle ($10.00) while supplies last
- Includes 24 note card bases of 2 different designs and coordinating envelopes (I've seen them and they are AWESOME!)
- For Paper Pumpkin Subscribers only
- PRINT: Gift of Fall Add-On Bundle Flyer
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further! This is an exclusive offer for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month:
Got Paper Pumpkin questions - let me know how I can help!
- Shop with Dawn
- AUGUST Host Code: HRKZM2XZ
- AUGUST Host Code Gift: Eyelet Lace Embossing Folder (w/$65 order)
- AUGUST Ordering Gift: Come Sail Away Suite Tutorial PDF (see below)
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles| Product Suites| Clearance Rack
- Redeem your Bonus Days Coupon Codes in August
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team - Extra, Extra-read all about it!
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get 8 alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- YES - I will be offering Holiday Catalog Product Shares - coming soon!
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
Join with Extra, Extra
From July 1 until August 31,
- New DOstamperSTARS Team members will receive an additional $30 to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit.
- THEN, you'll receive an EXTRA BONUS, a $10 coupon code the following month.
- Print: Extra Extra Flyer
- Join: Start your Stampin' Up! experience
I would love to welcome you to my fabulous DOstamperSTARS team!
Learn more CLICK HERE
Start Redeeming your Bonus Days Coupon Codes!
Did you shop in July and earn Bonus Days Coupon Codes?
- If so - you'll want to redeem them when you shop in August!
- Print: Learn How to Redeem your Coupon Codes
FREE Come Sail Away Suite Tutorial PDF
FREE Come Sail Away Suite Project Tutorial
- August 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Come Sail Away Suite of products (pg 144-146 Annual Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Shopping and Special Offer Links
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
August VIP Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
Eyelet Lace Embossing Folder
August 2019 VIP Host Code = HRKZM2XZ