Today I'm sharing a card that made me smile when I made it...love it when that happens. First off, I'm using a new 2019 Holiday Catalog stamp set called, Beauty & Joy.
This Distinktive* stamp set has a special texture that gives added depth and dimension in a single step, creating photo-realistic images. The basket particularly shows off the Distinktive style.
How'd She DO That? Beauty & Joy Spotlight card
- Stamps: Beauty & Joy
- Crumb Cake (8-1/2" x 4-1/4" card base)
- Very Vanilla (3-1/2" square)
- Early Espresso (3-5/8" square)
- Ink: Crushed Curry, Terracotta Tile, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
- Other: Sponge Daubers, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Linen Thread, SNAIL, Glue Dots & Stampin' Dimensionals
- I recommend stamping the images from the bottom, building to the top.
- For the leaves, ink stamp first with Crushed Curry. Before stamping, use a Sponge Dauber to add Terracotta Tile ink randomly to the leaves. Breathe on stamp to re-moisten and then stamp.
- Stamp sentiment slightly overlapping leave image.
- To create the "spotlight" - die cut sentiment with Stitched Rectangle Die.
- When assembling card - adhere sentiment last with Stampin' Dimensionals.
When I first started stamping this card, I wasn't sure what direction I was going. I thought I'd add the sentiment as a separate layer. But I didn't want it to cover up the two-toned leaves. Then the idea hit me..."spotlight" the sentiment. It was the perfect way to step-up this card just a little bit. And...it was a hit at my club class last week!
Your day with bloom with beauty and joy as you create amazing projects using the Beauty & Joy Stamp Set. I definitely recommend adding it to your Shopping Bag today!
- Shop with Dawn
- Shop: 2019 Holiday Catalog, Shop: Holiday Bundles
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles| Product Suites| Clearance Rack
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get 8 alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- NOW Taking Reservations for Holiday Catalog Product Shares
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
Looking for Die Measurements?
- 148551 Stitched Rectangles
For more Die measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
October FREE Tutorial PDF: Monster Bash/Come To Gather Suites
FREE Monster Bash/Come To Gather Suites Project Tutorial PDF - October 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects the Monster Bash Suite and Come to Gather Suite of products (2019 Holiday Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Paper Pumpkin wants to help you share love and joy this Christmas with a duo of delightful, special-edition kits during October & November. Put them together and you have everything you need for a heartwarming, handmade, and coordinated Christmas.
- October’s kit includes 10 traditional cards
- holiday card size: 4 1/4" x 5-1/2"
- November’s kit features 24 can’t- miss tags.
- holiday-themed gift tags of 4 various sizes and designs.
- Coordinating colors: Early Espresso, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce
- Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.
- NOTE: the October and November kits coordinate; however, each kit is all-inclusive and can stand alone.
Subscribe at http://bit.ly/DOstampingPaperPumpkin by October 10 to get in on the fun.
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further! This is an exclusive offer for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month: