The DOstamperSTARS are excited to bring you another Inspiration Hop #DOswts325. Today we're showcasing Shaker cards!
I knew right away I was going to reach for the Feels like Frost Suite of Products. I'm tickled with the way it turned out.
How'd She DO That? Frosted Shaker card:
- Stamps/Bundles: Frosted Foliage (bundle with Frosted Frame dies and SAVE 10%)
- Purple Posy (5-1/2" x 8-1/4" card base)
- Seaside Spray (5" x 4-1/4 for die cut frame)
- Window Sheets (2-5/8" x 2-7/8)
- Feels Like Frost 6x6 Specialty Designer Series Paper (2-3/4" x 5-1/2")
- Ink: Versamark
- Heat Emboss: Swipe Embossing Buddy over Window Sheet. Stamp greeting with Versamark ink (being careful to stamp straight down, then pull straight up). Cover with White Stampin' Emboss Powder, then flick off the excess. To avoid warping the window sheet, melt with Heat Tool by starting under the window sheet, then above window sheet, rotating back and forth until powder is melted.
- Other: Frosted Frames Dies, Shimmery Crystal Effects, Ice Stampin' Glitter, Snail Adhesive & Foam Adhesive Strips
DOstamping Shaker Card Tips:
- Adhere DSP to folded card base.
- Die cut "frosted frame". Then die cut a "window frame" from center.
- Stamp and heat emboss window sheet as described above. Then adhere window sheet to back of frame using Foam Adhesive strips. (note: half will be on the window sheet and half will be on the frame.)
- At this point, I do recommend swiping the embossing buddy over the inside of the window sheet (will help a lot with static cling)
- ONLY remove 2 backing sheets (the top and one side) from the Foam Adhesive strips and adhere those edges to the DSP on the card.
- Then add approximately 1/2 teaspoon of Snowflake Sequins to inside the window.
- Remove the last two strips of backing sheets to seal off the shaker.
- OPTIONAL: prior to adhering the window sheet to the frame, use the new Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin' Glitter to add "frost" to the foliage on the frame (will take about 15 minutes to dry). I like to do this on the Silicone Craft Sheet.
That might seem like a lot of steps, but it came together surprisingly fast.
If you enjoy making fun technique cards and want to spread a little yuletide cheer, this Frosted Shaker Card is for you! Be sure to add the Frosted Foliage Bundle to your shopping bag today!
- Shop with Dawn
- Shop: 2019 Holiday Catalog, Shop: Holiday Bundles
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles| Product Suites| Clearance Rack
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get 8 alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
Looking for Die Measurements?
- 150658 Frosted Frames Dies (2019 Holiday Catalog)
- 153029 Bundle & Save 10% with Frosted Foliage Stamp Set
For more Die measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
October FREE Tutorial PDF: Monster Bash/Come To Gather Suites
FREE Monster Bash/Come To Gather Suites Project Tutorial PDF - October 2019
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects the Monster Bash Suite and Come to Gather Suite of products (2019 Holiday Catalog)
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
You'll find Everything is Rosy inspiration here: