Welcome to another Your Creative Connection tour, #YCC114. Our theme today is: Shades of Black & White
For today's challenge, I reached for the NEW Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper. The pattern paper was designed for Halloween, but there are several patterns that could be used all-year long! Take a look...
How'd She DO That? Strong & Beautiful card
- Stamps: Strong & Beautiful
- Basic Gray (4-1/4" x 11" card base)
- Blackberry Bliss (4" x 5-1/4" and scrap for banner shape die from Tasteful Labels)
- Smoky Slate (scrap for Stitched So Sweetly Die for the sentiment)
- Magic in this Night Designer Series Paper (two of 2" x 3")
- Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Other: Tasteful Labels Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin' Seal, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
If you have seen this paper, you might be wondering where the coloring on the flowers came from. I took some liberties with the challenge of black and white, and added Blackberry Bliss (ha...it has black in it's name, right?!) See my tips for more information.
- For coloring the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper , I used a Blackberry Bliss ink pad and the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.
- While the pad is closed - squeeze the lid into the pad and then open to find a "pool" of ink in the lid.
- Pick up some ink with the Glitter Brush to add color and glitter to the flowers at the same time.
- This card looks amazing in real life!
- The Blackberry Bliss banner ends come from a single banner die from the Tasteful Labels Dies - just cut in half.
I have to admit, without this challenge I would have never made a card like this. And I'm SO happy with the results. Give this challenge a try for yourself.
If you like Black & White cards, then you'll definitely want to add the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper to your collection
Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out more creativity at our next stop on Your Creative Connection tour, Barbara Meyer.
Jenn Tinline - Canada
Janneke Dijkstra - de Jong - Netherlands
Sarah Berry - UK
Vicki Boucher - Australia
Dawn Olchefske - USA
Barbara Meyer - Austria
Kristine McNickle - New Zealand
If you're from the US and are looking for a demonstrator, I'd be happy to earn your business. Contact me for a free catalog!
Thank you for shopping with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles | Product Suites | Clearance Rack
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product
- Taking Reservations for the NEW 2020 Aug-Dec Mini Catalog Product Shares
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
Looking for Die Measurements?
- 152886 Tasteful Labels Dies (2020-21 Annual Catalog)
For more Die measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
REDEEM Bonus Days Coupons - ENDS Monday, August 31
Use your Bonus Days Coupon(s) when you shop in AUGUST
- If you have earned Bonus Days coupon codes, they must be redeemed by 31 August.
- Enter each code individually in the coupon code field (found in the lower right corner in the check out area in the new Online Store).
AUGUST FREE Tutorial PDF: Forever Greenery Suite
FREE Forever Greenery Project Tutorial PDF - AUGUST
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Forever Greenery Suite of products
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)