Today is Day 3 of Gilded Autumn Suite Week.
Today's card features the Beautiful Autumn stamp set.
The idea came to me when I cleaning some of the stamps. I noticed how cool just the "solid" images looked stamped multiple times.
It technically uses the Stamping-off Technique. But I'm calling the card Abstract Autumn (because I think it's cool, which then makes me cool - right?)
How'd She DO That? Abstract Autumn card:
- Stamps/Bundles: Beautiful Autumn Bundle (Save 10%)
- Very Vanilla Thick (4-1/4" x 11" card base)
- Very Vanilla (4" x 5-1/2" and three of 1-1/4" x 5" strips)
- Crumb Cake (scrap for label die cut)
- Early Espresso (1/2" x 4")
- Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede
- Other: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Tasteful Labels Dies, Banners Pick a Punch, Stampin' Seal & Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamping Off Technique for the 1-1/4" x 5" strips:
- oak leaf - ink image with Early Espresso. Stamp once, then rotate image and stamp again without re-inking. Repeat.
- acorn - ink acorn "bottom" with Soft Suede. Stamp once (do not re-ink yet). Ink acorn "cap" with Early Espresso and stamp once (do not re-ink yet). Then stamp bottom and top again (without re-inking). Repeat.
- triple leaf - ink image with Early Espresso. Stamp once and then stamp again without re-inking. Repeat.
I have to admit - I was filled with delight when this card came together. I suggest playing around with some of the other "solid" images to come up with your own abstract patterns.
So...what do you think? Cool, right? Are you convinced you need Gilded Autumn Suite Collection yet?
Be sure to stop by tomorrow for more Gilded Autumn Suite Week
Thank you for shopping with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles | Product Suites | Clearance Rack - UPDATED!!
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product, PLUS Get & Go Kit ($50 value)
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
For more details on my Just Cards TO GO Class: CLICK HERE
GET & GO Starter Kit Promotion
- Our regular starter kit for $99 and you'll get to choose $125 -worth of Stampin' Up! products
- New members during September will also receive for FREE (a $50 value):
- enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards*
- a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewel
- So Much Love stamp set
- Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set
*8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack will be provided, and 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack, for a total of 16 cards (packs include envelopes). In addition, you'll receive a
Are you ready to join my DOstamperSTARS community? Then CLICK HERE.
Got questions - contact me and I'd be happy to answer them for you.
SEPTEMBER FREE Tutorial PDF: Gilded Autumn Suite
FREE Gilded Autumn Project Tutorial PDF - SEPTEMBER
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Gilded Autumn Suite of products
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
OCTOBER Paper Pumpkin - Joy to the World
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—four each of two designs—and coordinating envelopes.
- The die-cut pieces are in English, French, and German. This will allow you to create cards you can use to send holiday cheer to friends & family across the globe
- Card size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
- Coordinating Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
Subscribe HERE by October 10th to get in on Paper Pumpkins Holiday projects - which are always the best!
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further! This is an exclusive offer for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month: