Welcome to another Your Creative Connection tour, #YCC115. Our theme today is: What's Behind the Mask
What's Behind the Mask? For this week's theme we could make a project using any of the following: masking, create your own mask or Stampin' Up! Decorative Masks. I chose the masking technique. The Dove of Hope is a great stamp set to feature this technique.
How'd She DO That? Dove of Hope card:
- Stamps: Dove of Hope
- Pretty Peacock (11" x 4-1/4" card base)
- Very Vanilla (2-1/2" x 3-3/4")
- Copper Foil Sheet (1-1/4" x 4-1/4")
- Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper (3-1/2" x 4-3/4")
- Ink: Pretty Peacock
- Other: Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, 3/8" Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible Ribbon, Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin' Seal & Stampin' Dimensionals
- On Very Vanilla piece, stamp sentiment at bottom. Stamp dove image leaving space for the branch and area for ribbon.
- Create a "mask" for dove by stamping dove on scratch paper and fussy cut out.
- Place mask over stamped dove.
- Stamp branch image over dove mask.
- Remove mask.
- Finish off by using Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to move color around on the leaves.
Take a closer look:
- I was looking for a Designer Series Paper to coordinate with the Dove of Hope stamp set.
- I was giddy when I recalled that the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper carried over from last year- yay!
- It's the perfect match - don't you think?
Bring peace and joy to your Christmas crafting using the Dove of Hope Stamp Set or Bundle & Save 10% with the Detailed Dove Dies.
Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out more creativity at our next stop on Your Creative Connection tour, Barbara Meyer.
Kristine McNickle - New Zealand
Jenn Tinline - Canada
Janneke Dijkstra - de Jong - Netherlands
Sarah Berry - UK
Vicki Boucher - Australia
Dawn Olchefske - USA
Barbara Meyer - Austria
If you're from the US and are looking for a demonstrator, I'd be happy to earn your business. Contact me for a free catalog!
Thank you for shopping with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles | Product Suites | Clearance Rack - UPDATED!!
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product, PLUS Get & Go Kit ($50 value)
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
GET & GO Starter Kit Promotion
- Our regular starter kit for $99 and you'll get to choose $125 -worth of Stampin' Up! products
- New members during September will also receive for FREE (a $50 value):
- enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards*
- a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewel
- So Much Love stamp set
- Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set
*8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack will be provided, and 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack, for a total of 16 cards (packs include envelopes).
Are you ready to join the my DOstamperSTARS? Then CLICK HERE.
Got questions - contact me and I'd be happy to answer them for you.
SEPTEMBER FREE Tutorial PDF: Gilded Autumn Suite
FREE Gilded Autumn Project Tutorial PDF - SEPTEMBER
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Gilded Autumn Suite of products
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)