Your Creative Connection #YCC115: Masking Dove of Hope
September 09, 2020
Welcome to another Your Creative Connection tour, #YCC115. Our theme today is: What's Behind the Mask
What's Behind the Mask? For this week's theme we could make a project using any of the following: masking, create your own mask or Stampin' Up! Decorative Masks. I chose the masking technique. The Dove of Hope is a great stamp set to feature this technique.
How'd She DO That? Dove of Hope card:
- Stamps: Dove of Hope
- Pretty Peacock (11" x 4-1/4" card base)
- Very Vanilla (2-1/2" x 3-3/4")
- Copper Foil Sheet (3-1/4" x 4-1/2")
- Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper (3-3/4" x 4-1/4")
- Ink: Pretty Peacock
- Other: Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, 3/8" Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible Ribbon, Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin' Seal & Stampin' Dimensionals
- On Very Vanilla piece, stamp sentiment at bottom. Stamp dove image leaving space for the branch and area for ribbon.
- Create a "mask" for dove by stamping dove on scratch paper and fussy cut out.
- Place mask over stamped dove.
- Stamp branch image over dove mask.
- Remove mask.
- Finish off by using Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to move color around on the leaves.
Take a closer look:
- I was looking for a Designer Series Paper to coordinate with the Dove of Hope stamp set.
- I was giddy when I recalled that the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper carried over from last year- yay!
- It's the perfect match - don't you think?
Bring peace and joy to your Christmas crafting using the Dove of Hope Stamp Set or Bundle & Save 10% with the Detailed Dove Dies.
Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out more creativity at our next stop on Your Creative Connection tour, Barbara Meyer.
If you get lost in your travels, here's a complete list of everyone on this tour...
Kristine McNickle - New Zealand
Jenn Tinline - Canada
Janneke Dijkstra - de Jong - Netherlands
Sarah Berry - UK
Vicki Boucher - Australia
Dawn Olchefske - USA
Barbara Meyer - Austria
If you're from the US and are looking for a demonstrator, I'd be happy to earn your business. Contact me for a free catalog!
Thank you for shopping with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- SEPTEMBER Host Code: 7FWJZXWP
- SEPTEMBER Host Code Gift: Iridescent Pearls (w/$65 order)
- SEPTEMBER Ordering Gift: Gilded Autumn Suite Tutorial PDF (see below)
- SEPTEMBER Promotion: GET & GO Starter Kit Promotion (see below)
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles | Product Suites | Clearance Rack - UPDATED!!
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product, PLUS Get & Go Kit ($50 value)
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
GET & GO Starter Kit Promotion
The Get & Go Starter kit includes the following:
- Our regular starter kit for $99 and you'll get to choose $125 -worth of Stampin' Up! products
- New members during September will also receive for FREE (a $50 value):
- enough cardstock pieces to make 16 cards*
- a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewel
- So Much Love stamp set
- Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set
*8 packs of precut cardstock of the coastal cabana pack will be provided, and 8 packs of precut cardstock of the Granny Apple Green pack, for a total of 16 cards (packs include envelopes).
Are you ready to join the my DOstamperSTARS? Then CLICK HERE.
Got questions - contact me and I'd be happy to answer them for you.
SEPTEMBER FREE Tutorial PDF: Gilded Autumn Suite
FREE Gilded Autumn Project Tutorial PDF - SEPTEMBER
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Gilded Autumn Suite of products
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
September Host Code Gift - (with qualifying order)
September Host Code = 7FWJZXWP