Handsomely Suited Bundle: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK!
March 26, 2021
I couldn't help myself...just had to go there with a Lumberjack card using the Handsomely Suited Bundle. Again, this was one of the cards I featured at my DOstamperSTARS virtual customer event in January. To say the least...it was a hit!
Now - at first look, the card may seem complicated. But after I lay it out for you, you'll find it's pretty straight forward. And...you're gonna want to make one for the burly man in your life!
How'd She DO That? Lumberjack card
- Stamps/Bundles: Buffalo Check (RETIRING), Handsomely Suited Bundle (156240) – includes the Suit & Tie Dies (SAVE 10%)
- Basic White Thick (11" x 4-1/4" card base)
- Poppy Parade (two of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" for “shirt”, collar and 2 suspender strips)
- Bumblebee (scrap for 2 suspender strips)
- Cajun Craze (scrap for 2 suspender clips)
- Misty Moonlight (3/4" x 4-1/4", scrap for 2 suspender strips)
- Basic Black and Silver Foil-RETIRING (scraps for buttons)
- Basic White (scrap for smallest Stitched Shapes square die)
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
- Other: Suit & Tie Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies (RETIRING), Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Stampin' Seal, Glue Dots & Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamp both Poppy Parade pieces with Buffalo Check stamp set:
- For the "shirt" piece:
- measure down 1" from the top center, and then 1-3/8" from each side (mark with a pencil). Use Paper Snips to cut a "V",
- adhere shirt to folded card base.
- Use the 2nd stamped piece:
- die cut two suspender strips. Adhere to center of shirt and up the left side of the "V" (trim off excess)
- die cut collar and cut apart. Adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- For Misty Moonlight "pants":
- Adhere piece to bottom of card.
- Die cut two suspender strips - cut each down to 2-1/4".
- Adhere to top of pants (overlapping in the center)
- For buttons and suspenders:
- Adhere buttons on shirt and pants with Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere suspenders to shirt (trim off excess at the top)
- Adhere suspenders clips with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- For the "shirt" piece:
- Stamp sentiment on scrap of white and die cut with smallest Stitched Shapes square. Adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I was giddy with delight when I finished this card. I can't wait to give it to my Dad for Father's Day.
Don't have a "Lumber-Jack" person in your circle of friends/family? Just change out the sentiment and make a Lumber-Jill to give to one of your girlfriends!
In the meantime, you might want to add to your shopping card; the Handsomely Suited Bundle, soon to be retired Buffalo Check stamp set and Stitched Shapes Dies (a retiring must-have).
Thank you for shopping with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- MARCH Host Code: QCF2ETYV
- MARCH Host Code Gift: Pastel Pearls (w/$65 order)
- MARCH Ordering Gift: Butterfly Bouquet Tutorial PDF (see below)
- NEW Butterfly Bouquet Special
- Hey Birthday Chick & Hey Chick Bundles
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles | Product Suites | Clearance Rack
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
Looking for Die Measurements?
- 154322 Suit & Tie Dies (2021 Jan-Jun Mini Catalog)
- 156240 Handsomely Suited Bundle & Save 10% with Handsomely Suited stamp set
For more Die measurements, see my...
Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
FREE Butterfly Bouquet 12-Project Tutorial PDF - FEBRUARY
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Butterfly Bouquet products
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn