The DOstamperSTARS are excited to bring you another Stamping with the STARS Inspiration Hop #DOswts360. This week we're sharing a super fun technique, the Baby Wipe Stamping Technique. An oldie, but goodie!
I'm super excited to share my Baby Wipe Technique card with you today. Not only does it feature the fun stamping technique, but also a new stamp from the upcoming 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (coming 5/4/21), called Spiral Dye!
As soon as I soon the Spiral Dye stamp, it reminded me of my girls tie dyed t-shirts they made in Girl Scouts. Fun memories. I also thought my grandson, Max (who turned 14 yesterday), would love a card made with it.
How'd She DO That? Spiral Dye Tie Dyed card:
- Stamps/Bundle: Spiral Dye-156927 (coming 5/4), Happiest of Birthdays, Sweet Ice Cream
- Pacific Point (4-1/4" x 11" card bases)
- Basic White (3-7/8" x 5-1/8", scrap for sentiment)
- Daffodil Delight (4" x 5-1/4")
- Ink Refills: Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Real Red
- Other: Stamparatus Plates, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Seal, Stampin' Dimensionals
- As the Spiral Dye stamp is a large background stamp, I used a Stamparatus Plate to build my "custom baby wipe stamp pad" on.
- ALSO - I recommend cleaning the stamp prior to use, to remove any manufacturing film. Either a pencil eraser or very fine sand paper.
- Layer 3-4 baby wipes onto plate. Use reinkers to add ink onto wipes. Can do it randomly and strategically, like I did.
- I was going for a tie dyed look, so I thought spreading the ink outwards like sunrays would be a good start (see photo above)
- Then I filled in with more ink in the white spaces, moving it around with the ink bottle nozzle. The photo below shows it ready for stamping.
- Press stamp into the inked baby wipes then stamp onto white cardstock.
- I stamped it 3 times - cleaning stamp between each time. The photo below shows the first time.
- Then for the 2nd & 3rd times, I rotated the stamp about 3/4" each time, to get a more filled in look.
- As I was thinking about what ink color I would use for the sentiments, it occurred to me to use the baby wipe stamp pad for that too (uh, duh).
- I used it for the inside sentiment too. It looks so cool, doesn't it?
I totally had fun with the Baby Wipe Technique and making this card for Max. I think he's gonna love it. It turned out better than what I envisioned in my head!
Be sure to stock up on Ink Refills, so you can play with the Baby Wipe Technique too. Then add the Spiral Dye to your wish list, so you can get it first thing on May 4th!
Thank you for shopping with me.
- Shop with Dawn
- APRIL Host Code: CW4NQVEE
- APRIL Host Code Gift: Elegant Gems (w/$65 order)
- APRIL Ordering Gift: Ice Cream Corner Suite Tutorial PDF (see below)
- Last Chance to get Retiring Products
- Butterfly Bouquet Special
- Hey Birthday Chick & Hey Chick Bundles
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles | Product Suites | Clearance Rack
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Dawn's Stampin' Up! Die Measurements Page
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants.
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
2021-2022 Annual Catalog "I Want it All" Product Share
$110.99 (+$8.25 priority shipping)
This share includes 366.25 pieces, as follows:
- (90) sheets: Designer Series Paper*
- (100) sheets: Color Family Designer Series Paper
- (31.25) yards: Ribbon & Trim*
- (145) pieces: Accessories*
- AND Early Bird Bonus (for I Want It All share):
- full package of Paper Lattice
- to qualify for Early Bird Bonus, your reservation must be paid no later than by May 3rd
How to Reserve a Product Share:
- EMAIL ME directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your product share reservation information listed below: (Note: For multiple shares - contact me for a shipping quote).
- Please include the following information in your email:
- Full Name
- Mailing Address (US addresses only)
- Indicate which share(s) you would like to reserve
- Email for Paypal invoicing
To view additional offerings (paper only, ribbon only, swatchbooks & etc), and full details, visit my...
DOstamping Monthly Shopping Tutorial PDF Gift
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF gift via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature the Ice Cream Corner Suite products
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Last Chance List - Retired 2020-2021 Annual Catalog Products
If you love great deals, the Stampin' Up! Last-Chance Products Sale is the perfect time to shop. You’ll get deep discounts on favorite products from the 2020–2021 Annual Catalog.
- Sales Period: March 24 - May 3, 2021
- Select items are discounted up to 75% off.
- Available while supplies last. Shop early so you don’t miss out on your favorite products.
Download the Retired Last-Chance Products Lists:
- 2020-2021 Annual Catalog Last Chance List (by page #)
- Discounted Items Only (over 100 items discounted up to 75% off)
The best way to shop the Last Chance List is from my Online Store (as it will update with sold out items immediately).
- 9 cards - 3 each of 3 designs (with coordinating envelopes 4-1/2” x 5-3/4”)
- Card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more
- Coordinating colors: Basic White, Bumblebee, Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Soft Suede
- Comes with the official bubble gum of the MLB-a ballpark favorite! Chew while you craft, slide a piece into a card, or save it for later.
Subscribe HERE by MAY 10th to get in on the next Paper Pumpkin kit
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further! This is an exclusive offer for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month: