I'm super excited to share this adorable Flower Pot Gift Card Holder with you today. It features the new Paper Florist Dies!
This idea was inspired by my search for an Amazon Gift Card, which was a gift for a couple of my DOstamperSTARS 15th Stampin' Up! Milestone Anniversary. I saw a flower pot gift card holder and thought..."I can make one!".
Through some trial and error, I came up with something that I'm happy with and it's super cute! See below for what you'll need and some tips for completing the project.
How'd She DO That? Flower Pot Gift Card Holder
- Stamps: Go To Greetings
- Copper Clay (4" x 5-1/2" flower pot score at 2-3/4", 5/8" x 4-1/4")
- Basic White (3" x 3-1/2" insert, scrap for tag die)
- Pumpkin Pie, Melon, Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tahitian Tide, Old Olive, Basic Black (scraps for Paper Florist Dies)
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
- Other: Paper Trimmer, Bone Folder, Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Paper Florist Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue (if preferred)
- Flower Pot Tips:
- Cut Copper Clay cardstock to 4" x 5-1/2" and score at 2-3/4".
- Fold flower pot in half (NOTE: the fold will be the bottom of the pot).
- Mark 1/2" in at the bottom edge - on both sides.
- Keep folded and diagonal cut from 1/2" mark to top of pot (cutting through both layers) - repeat on other side.
- Adhere 5/8" x 4-1/4" Copper Clay strip to top front of flower pot.
- Open pot and add Tear & Tape adhesive to inside back panel - keeping close to the edge (as shown). Remove backing and fold together to from a pocket to hold the gift card and insert.
- Pull Out Insert:
- Cut Basic White cardstock to 3"x 3-1/2"
- On 3" end, mark 1/2" from each side.
- Diagonal cut from 1/2" mark to top, repeat on other side.
- Die cut and assemble flowers as shown above.
- Use Bone Folder to curl flower petals as desired.
- Then arrange and adhere to top of insert piece (save Daffodil Delight Flower to adhere to flower pot) - see below.
- Finish off by stamping sentiment onto tag and adhere to flower pot with Stampin' Dimensional.
- Tie a bow into ribbon and adhere with Mini Glue Dot.
How cute is this? Once I figured out the measurements of the pot and insert, the rest was so much fun to make.
Now that I did all of the work for you, you can make one for yourself!
Be sure to add the Paper Florist Dies to your next order. Beside this adorable Flower Pot Gift Card Holder, I'm sure you'll find all kinds of uses for these fabulous dies!
Thank you for choosing to shop with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- Bonus Days- Earn in July, Redeem in August (see details below)
- Shopping Categories: Online Exclusives | Bundles (save 10%) | Clearance Rack | Product Suites
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
BONUS DAYS - only 4 days left!
Stampin' Up! is bringing back a favorite promotion...BONUS DAYS! Here are the details:
- Earning Period: July 6-31, 2023
- For every $50 order increment, you'll earn a $5 coupon
- All coupons codes will be emailed to you right after your qualifying purchase has been made.
- If you earn multiple codes from a single order, you'll receive one email with multiple codes.
- SAVE that email(s)
- Redemption Period: August 1-31, 2023
- Coupon codes may be redeemed for any product order during August
- If redeeming multiple codes, they must be separated by a space.
DOtamping Monthly Shopping Tutorial PDF Gift
FREE Countryside Inn Suite 10-Project Tutorial PDF - JULY
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature products from the Countryside Inn Suite
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Discover messages of friendship, hope and encouragement in the flowers from the August Meaningful Flowers Paper Pumpkin Kit!
The kit focuses specifically on forget-me-nots and lotuses. Each flower was hand painted just for you. Their meaning is enscripted on the back of each card.
The Meaningful Flowers includes:
- 8 cards; 4 each of 2 designs with 8 coordinating envelopes
- 1 stamp set
- 1 Pretty Peacock Ink Spot
- Linen thread
- Vellum and precut paper pieces
- BONUS - FREE Distinktive stamp set
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Bubble Bath, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Melon Mambo, Misty Moonlight, Orchid Oasis, Pretty Peacock, Tahitian Tide
When you subscribe with me, Dawn Olchefske, you'll qualify for a FREE BONUS each month. The bonus is a Tutorial PDF filled with 8 or more alternate ideas for additional projects you can make with each month's kit (includes photos & instructions) - making your kit go a lot further! This is an exclusive offer for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers.
Subscribe by the 10th of the month: