Today's the day for the DOcelebration Prize Give-a-Way Countdown!
Again, I want to thank everyone who stopped by the party last week and left a comment. I'm afraid I don't have the time to respond to them individually, but I have read every single one of them (over 700 - wow)! Thank you for your congratulatory words of support, encouragement and generosity. They touched my heart!
OK - on to the prizes! And the prizes go to...
1. Posted by: Jean Fitch | December 16, 2012 at 08:21 PM What a wonderful combination of new products. Love it!! Thanks Dawn for offering such a wonderful selection of prizes and even more for continuing your wonderful blog. One of my favorite daily stops.
2. Posted by: Kathryn | December 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM Hello Dawn, Another day another great project by YOU. Keep 'em coming! Thanks for all you do.
3. Posted by: Trish | December 15, 2012 at 08:15 AM Your card is so beautiful, and I love how you incorporated so many NEW product into it without overwhelming it!!! I just love all of your projects and videos....you truly are an inspiration.!!! Thank you for all of the time you take to give us such great ideas!!! Thanks, Trish
4. Posted by: Christy Q | December 15, 2012 at 06:01 AM This is beautiful and that sneak peek is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see all the products when they come out. I am trying the shimmer mist technique today and hope it comes out half as elegant as yours always do! Thank you for all of your inspiration, all the time. ;)
5. Posted by: Debbie Fitzgerrel | December 15, 2012 at 02:50 PM I love your blog. I look forward to getting your emails with all the new ideas. You are awesome!!!!
1. Posted by: Rita S. | December 14, 2012 at 06:04 AM Love the Christmas tree card...great idea for using up all those scraps & a time saver to boot! Love that Tulle, thanks for the chance! Merry Christmas!
2. Posted by: Dawn Moss | December 14, 2012 at 03:18 PM Hello! Love the card using the scraps
3. Posted by: Jan Douglas | December 14, 2012 at 08:07 AM Great card and tutorial today...love it. Ahhhh tulle...I've loved seeing what can be done with tulle...for me, the biggest hit this year would have to be its use on the ornament on the catalog front....so pretty.
4. Posted by: Linda Kaufman | December 14, 2012 at 09:31 AM Hi Dawn, Thank you for all the inspiration that you provide us newbies! May all the peace and joy of Christmas live in your heart all year long. Merry Christmas Dawn!
1. (Silver) Posted by: Shannon Miller | December 13, 2012 at 02:53 PM The card is wonderful. I've never tried mixing embossing powders before but I will now. Thanks for all your great tips!!
2. (Champagne) Posted by: Sheilda Kahl | December 13, 2012 at 03:46 PM Beautiful, Beautiful - what more can I say. Again for the great idea
3. (Red) Posted by: Gloria Paet | December 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM Wow, you've done it again. So beautiful and yet when you explain it, relatively simple. Thank you so much for taking time each day to either show us how to do a card or highlight a card someone else has done. I go back over previous videos to make various cards when I need them. Thanks so much again!!!!!
1. Posted by: June Ferguson | December 12, 2012 at 04:14 PM Hi Dawn! I love your version of the Elf Shoes card....how cute! Thanks for the chance to win a great prize! June in KS
2. Posted by: Virginia in FL | December 12, 2012 at 06:49 PM Thanks for another great card and very easy to follow video. Love the card and will add it to my file for Christmas 2013!
1. Posted by: Claudia Cullen | December 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM Your are the best!! Love all your creations. Wishing you continued success....
Congratulations to all of the prize winners. Be sure to email me at email@example.com to collect your prize. Include your full name and mailing address.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Safe New Year~Dawn O
As you might have noticed, the DOcelebration Prize Countdown could be sung to the tune of "12 Days of Christmas". I considered making a video of me singing it for you (boy, that would have been funny LOL). But I nixed that idea and am intead, sharing Stampin' Up!'s Happy Holidays Greeting Video...Enjoy!!
As I announced on Saturday, in celebration of my 100th video, I have BLOG CANDY!
First off - I want to say...Thank you! You all were so sweet in your comments and made me feel very special. I have the best readers ever! A few of you left questions and I'll try to answer them for you asap.
Now onto the drawing. I've drawn from the 99 comments I received and the winner is...
Comment: Hello Dawn, You are an inspiration to all of us Card Makers out here. I have been hooked on your blog for a year now and have never been disappointed. It does not surprise me that you are celebrating "100 Videos". If I ever want to try something new, I can look at "How'd She Do That" collection of videos and have the easy to follow instructions right at my finger tips. Thank you so much and please keep them coming. Love Them All!!
Woohoo - I'm SO excited today, as I share my 100th How'd She DO That video! I've actually done many more videos for private viewing by my DOstamperSTARS downline and club members. But the How'd She DO That? videos are just for YOU!
It's been a wonderful experience learning how to create and share videos. You've accepted mine into your hearts and minds, which I greatly appreciate. I've learned a couple things about my videos from your comments and feedback:
1. I guess I have a nice, calm voice for video, as I've heard this over and over again. 2. You like how I explain things in an easy and clear step by step format. 3. YOU LOVE VIDEOS! Which is great, as I'm committed to doing more of them.
In celebration of my 100th video, I have BLOG CANDY!
In fact...when you leave a comment on today's blog post, you'll be entered in a drawing to receive today's project (I'll select a winner on Tuesday, Feb 14th). You'll receive both the Notepad & Pen Holder AND the matching card(from the Blossom/Modern Label Flower & Video posted here)
The stamping on the Notepad & Pen Holder is from the Sale-a-Bration Fresh Vintage Stamp Set. Which is FREE with a $50.00 order. This is a great set, versatile and compliments many styles of cardmaking!
Wow - what an awesome week! From your comments (almost 900 comments!), I gather you enjoyed the projects, videos and PDF's that I shared. It was so much fun hearing from you and making me feel so special! THANK YOU!
Now to make five lucky people feel special...on to the winners of my DOstamping Celebration Blog Candy. If your name is listed below, be sure to contact me with your full name and mailing address. Drum roll please....
Winner: Regina Cornelius...i LOVE this border - it really makes the images POP!! i will have to try it! i would say i am a middle of the road stamper - i luv to create over the top stuff but dont' have the time to always do it.....i really want to be a clean and simple kind of girl but mine never looks "done" - but i think i just might be able to pull off the border and give it a try - thank you!
Winner: Sharon Miller...started scrapbooking and ended up making cards! I've never tried anything digital, so thanks for the chance to win! Love the calendar idea....thanks for sharing pics of the Sweet P's. How do you say their last name? Congratulations on 2 million blog hits!
Winner: Diana J...Thank you for the tutorial; I followed along and made the cutest kimono! Hard to choose a favorite DSP, since they are all so gorgeous. I love any with polka dots, so I guess the Patterns Paper Stacks would be my favorite...but Beau Chateau & Mocha Morning have been calling my name, too.
This project is THE MOST REQUESTED PROJECT that I get from YOU, my readers. Three years ago I shared a picture of a Sock Monkey PJ Card (Kimono style card) I did for a class. Wow - did you guys like that card. Ever since then - I continue to receive requests for instructions and I thought, "I better do a video!" So today is your lucky day!
Ain't it cute?! It's surprisingly easy to do, especially with the tips I provide in the video. Check it out!
Thank you to everyone for making this a fun celebration. I've enjoyed reading all of your comments and I'm overwhelmed with your kindness and gratitude! Some of you are so clever with your comments that I've even had a few laughs too! Again, THANK YOU!
Now that we're close friends, I'd like to introduce you to Our Sweet P's, Max and Sam!
Why are they called Sweet P's? Because that's the title of our 2011 Calendar created with Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio. FYI - their last name is Przezdziecki. (Just try pronouncing that last name - I dare ya :). It's much easier to say "Sweet P's. Max is on the left and Sam is on the right - love those smiles. I crack up every time I see this picture.
Some background: Each year my daughter, Angie and I create 8 calendars for Christmas gifts. We started doing them after Max was born. He is now 4, so we'll be creating our 5th one this Nov/Dec. The first two years they were all handmade. Let me tell you - that's a lot of cardstock, adhesive and TIME! We loved doing them! But as life got busier, we were SO thankful that we could create them digitally. As that tooks hours off the creation time. We still get 8 copies printed through Stampin' Up! printing services. Here's a couple months from this year's calendar:
What's so special about the way we do our calendar, is we leave a blank space for a photo. Then each month, the boys (well, Angie) sends us a photo of themselves along with a cute little note. That way the pictures are current, not ones from the previous year. It's the gift that keeps on giving and everyone loves it!
I thought sharing these calendar photos today would be a great way of introducing DOstamping Celebrates Day#4 Blog Candy!
YES - it's your very own MY DIGITAL STUDIO SOFTWARE! Whether you're looking for cards, scrapbook pages or books, calendars and more... My Digital Studio has a lot to offer and you might get one for FREE!
How to Enter:Leave a comment on this blog post. What kind of scrapbooker are you...traditional, digital or hybrid (a mix of both)? Or maybe you're not a scrapbooker. That's OK as there are many uses for Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio!
Yes, I know...Day #3 is late. My day completely got away from me and since there was the Control Freaks tour yesterday...I gave myself permission to let it slide. Wow, that is so unlike me. But it's good for me to let go sometimes. Ok - that's too much information for you :). Let's get on with the celebrating!
On to day #3 of our DOcelebration! Today's card took another cue from YOU my readers. Remember DOcelebration Day#1? I asked you, "What is your favorite new Stampin' Up! In-Color?" Well, over 100 people shared their favorite (yes, I read them all. I always read all my comments). It sounds like for many of you, your favorite new color is the same as mine...Wisteria Wonder. However, I was suprised at the number of people who said Calypso Coral was their favorite. I have to admit, that it is my least favorite. In fact, I hadn't even opened my inkpad yet. The horrors!! So, what do you think I did? Yes - I opened up my pad and got stamping! Take a look...
Love & Care Hand Drawn Framed Notecard
I needed to make a large number of Thank You cards for customer orders and product share customers this month. I really wanted to use my favorite Stampin' Up! hostess stamp set "Love & Care" (from the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini Catalog ending August 31st). So I combined it with Calypso Coral (and Lucky Limeade) and it didn't turn out half bad.
Most times my stamping style is what I call "middle of the road". But I also like clean and simple stamping too. And this simple one-layer notecard fits the bill. What I like best about this card is the hand-drawn frame that was done with a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. I was inspired by a few other cards I had seen that had a hand-drawn frame. For mine, I created my own template and I did a "quick tip" video to show you how I did it (includes tips for the frame, clear block positioning and huffing).
Stamps: Love & Care Hostess stamp set Ink: Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Basic Black Paper: Whisper White Notecards and Envelopes (#107311) Accessories: Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, 4-1/4" x 2-3/4" tracing template
Purchase the Stampin' Up! supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE