Today I'm sharing another Flourishing Phrases card with the Black Magic with a Twist technique. However, this one has a surprise...Wink of Stella! While playing around with this technique last month, I pulled out a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to do a little experimenting. I was delighted with the results!
Black Magic with a Wink & a Twist!
- Stamp image (Flourishing Phrases) with Whisper White Craft ink on Basic Black cardstock that was die cut with largest square from Stitched Shaped Framelits. Let dry.
- Color image with Pacific Point Watercolor Pencil. Only color 1/2 of each petal.
- For the "wink", use a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and blend the blue color (staying on the half of petal)
- For the "twist", use White Stampin' Chalk Marker to add the white dots (the "twist" of the dots really make the image pop!)
- Adhere to 2-3/4" square of Pacific Point cardstock, then to 3" square of Whisper White cardstock. Then to 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Party Animal Designer Series Paper.
- Stamp greeting with Whisper White craft ink on scrap of Basic Black cardstock. Let dry. Then die cut with oval shape from Stitched Shaped Framelits. Adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Wrap Basic Black Baker's Twine around panel twice and tie in a bow.
- Adhere completed panel to folded 4-1/4" x 11" Basic Black card base.
- Adhere 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White cardstock to inside of card
The camera caught a little bit of the glimmer from the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. In real life, it's gorgeous!
Above shows the results for different colored pencils.
- Bottom = coloring only
- Top = Wink of Stella added
Here's a step-by step shot. Perfect for pinning to Pinterest!
If you're interested in cards like this, I taught this technique at my local Stamping Club last month and my Classes TO GO Club are receiving their project kits this month with this card kit included. Check out my club offerings:
- Classes TO GO Club
- Stamping Club - Local
- 2017 Local Club/Class Schedule
- Located in the NW suburbs of the Twin Cities, Plymouth/Maple Grove area
- You can join anytime!
- Got questions, feel free to contact me
I do have one more Black Magic with a Twist card to show you next week. I did use a different stamp set and I think you'll be surprised by my selection!
Stamping Supplies (click on the products to shop online)
It's Sale-a-Bration Time!
Sale-A-Bration: Get one FREE for every $50 you order